K1 in colours other than white?

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
I'm taking a trip to my SEAT dealer today to talk about upgrading my 57 reg Stylance 1.6 to possibly an FR with Aero kit or a Cupra K1, but although I really like the candy white of the K1 that seems so popular, I don't really want a white car. If I went for the K1 it would more than likely be Inferi Black (or slight chance of Luna Grey), and if I went for the FR would be a choice between Black Magic and Zenith Grey.

I'm on my second Leon now, had a grey Mk1 and my new one is Black, loved both to be honest, really like dark coloured cars.

Anyway I've searched and searched and can only find pictures of K1's in Candy White, I wanna see what black ones look like. So, does anybody have a black K1 or know of any pictures of any? Just wanna see what the body kit is like in black more than anything.

Thanks guys.

Imran

MrMush=)
Oct 4, 2007
Belfast
i think you should go for FR 170 TDI in black for better running costs or if that doesnt matter i would get a white k1 as with white you can see the details :D

Plasmaman

Jun 3, 2008
Northampton
Forget the FR!! Go all out and have a cupra.

Think it depends on how much you have to spend on a monthly basis - Cupra drinks like hell, downfall i guess of having it. Reakon if you have the FR after a few months of smelling that **** engine you will regret it - i do lol

I have only ever seen one black with the BTCC bodykit - they do look nice but i thought my colour showed the lines better. Im more than likely going to opt for a standard black cupra with skirts - my bodykit the spolier broke after 3 months and the skirts are pretty flakey, but i do think they change the car so having them again

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

DSC00086.jpg

thought this might help

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Saw a k1 at my local dealer in black. Now don't get me wrong I like black cupras but I found the detail of the kit was lost. If you're going to spend the extra money for the kit make sure it's in a colour that stands out!

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
Well thanks for the replies. I went to the dealer with the intention of asking about upgrading in September or March for the new plates coming out, and walked out having signed on the dotted line for an FR in black and they gave me the body kit for £688 plus VAT fitted and painted plus didn't knock any money off the car but gave me the bluetooth kit, parking sensors (dealer fitted on the body kit) and upgraded wheels to 18"s which look fantastic. The actual car is in the showroom with 4 miles on the clock).

Also went for the diesel 2.0TDi 170PS which I was impressed with, bit louder than I'd hoped for but I can live with that. Great car.

So thanks for the advice, but I think a K1 was more heart ruling the head, but I'm well pleased after upgrading to the FR.

tdifr

Well thanks for the replies. I went to the dealer with the intention of asking about upgrading in September or March for the new plates coming out, and walked out having signed on the dotted line for an FR in black and they gave me the body kit for £688 plus VAT fitted and painted plus didn't knock any money off the car but gave me the bluetooth kit, parking sensors (dealer fitted on the body kit) and upgraded wheels to 18"s which look fantastic. The actual car is in the showroom with 4 miles on the clock).

Also went for the diesel 2.0TDi 170PS which I was impressed with, bit louder than I'd hoped for but I can live with that. Great car.

So thanks for the advice, but I think a K1 was more heart ruling the head, but I'm well pleased after upgrading to the FR.

did not knock any money off ?

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
Well nothing to get excited about, only a few quid. But he gave me a lot more for mine than the glass's guide he had said it was worth so that's how he did the deal.

Oh, and I did a google search for a leon FR and found a couple of black body kits if anyone else is interested:

http://www.millteksport.com/media/images/productnews/24.original.jpg
http://bp1.blogger.com/_XzR1IIr9gwQ/RsAI_t0VteI/AAAAAAAAAEU/Qa1c4TyurNE/s1600-h/DSC01264.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_XzR1IIr9gwQ/RsAKXd0VtfI/AAAAAAAAAFA/xAOo85az5nQ/s1600-h/DSC01259.jpg

FR Ste

Good choice!

Although I would have gone for a brighter colour for the same reason as stated above.

Marks97, I notice you are in Burton, I live in Swadlincote and drive a yellow FR......

K1 Red Mist

I'm taking a trip to my SEAT dealer today to talk about upgrading my 57 reg Stylance 1.6 to possibly an FR with Aero kit or a Cupra K1, but although I really like the candy white of the K1 that seems so popular, I don't really want a white car.* If I went for the K1 it would more than likely be Inferi Black (or slight chance of Luna Grey), and if I went for the FR would be a choice between Black Magic and Zenith Grey.I'm on my second Leon now, had a grey Mk1 and my new one is Black, loved both to be honest, really like dark coloured cars.* Anyway I've searched and searched and can only find pictures of K1's in Candy White, I wanna see what black ones look like.* So, does anybody have a black K1 or know of any pictures of any?* Just wanna see what the body kit is like in black more than anything.Thanks guys.
My K1 is red see what you thinkhttp://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/ellisrules/k1.jpg

K1 Red Mist

I think the Red K1 one at the top of this thread is my car before i made them change the wheels and wing mirrors to black

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.