New CUPRA R officially confirmed

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Very disappointed by Seat's poor efforts ofr the Cupra R. Why bother, they should have just updated the Cupra and left it as a Cupra.

I'm glad in a way as I love my Cupra and I certainly won't be replacing mine with that.

I don't think they will get as many sales with that!

Cheers

RickyD

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Hmmm crashed into Ripspeed...didn't you nick that off what Clarkson said about the Impreza back in the day?

The RS looks like a WRC car that got lost in the showroom.

Can't say I did to be fair, I first saw it on a forum some years back so whoever said it probably stole it, may be a recycled joke but relevant ;)

Agree - remembering that the Cupra R won't be targeted at 17 yr olds who think cars need to be "aggressive"

If that were the case they'd have styled it like an Astramax

Valid point although I still think the Mk1 LCR looks agressive whilst being just another car. If it's a range topper it should still stand out, and subtly agressive is the key in my opinion. Even lacking things like the small roof spoiler is a bit of a disappointment.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
We arnt saying make it look like an Focus RS or an Astramax. The original Cupra and Cupra R mixed good looks whilst being aggressive and unique which basically gave SEAT its identity. The Cupra R should have been what the Audi RS4 is to the A4 range, the TT RS is to the TT range, the R32 is to the Golf Range....It needs to stand above the rest. If the mk2 Cupra R went down the road people would think "oh look there an FR? or is it a cupra...."

I honestly believe SEAT think for some reason they are onto a winner when they made this cupra r mk2...not sure why though?

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
It's a bit odd, don't know why they didn't just make this the facelift Cupra and leave the 'R' badge alone - sadly this is not at patch on the old LCR in presence.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
We arnt saying make it look like an Focus RS or an Astramax. The original Cupra and Cupra R mixed good looks whilst being aggressive and unique which basically gave SEAT its identity. The Cupra R should have been what the Audi RS4 is to the A4 range, the TT RS is to the TT range, the R32 is to the Golf Range....It needs to stand above the rest. If the mk2 Cupra R went down the road people would think "oh look there an FR? or is it a cupra...."

I honestly believe SEAT think for some reason they are onto a winner when they made this cupra r mk2...not sure why though?

That's what I was trying to say but couldn't word it, thanks for that :D

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool

Spot on

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site

spot on, you hit it on the nail

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Yep, bag of shite.
Seat would sell more cars and have more credability if they reintroduced the old MK1 LCR.

Wheres that PR guy who's always twittering on here, i wouldn't mind a few answers from him instead of the normal shizzle he posts.:banned:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yep, bag of shite.
Seat would sell more cars and have more credability if they reintroduced the old MK1 LCR.

Wheres that PR guy who's always twittering on here, i wouldn't mind a few answers from him instead of the normal shizzle he posts.:banned:
ditto.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
FR
main.php

Cupra
main.php

Cupra R
main.php

I have an idea. You could buy a facelift Cupra, buy a couple of £5 R badges from ebay, and hey presto, you end up with a a Cupra R and some money left in your pocket :D

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Those 'new' wheels are the Ronal R46's as used on the UK cupra championship last year. Not available to buy in 19inch I beleive though.

Last edited:

Poverty

:lol::lol::lol:

:cartman:

SEAT Cupra R and that is it? :cartman:

What a joke.

Glad I went with the K1. Was starting to get worried that SEAT migth get me to spend more money by upgrading to a Cupra R but there really isnt antyhing to upgrade to.

All the times wasted speculating on this rubbish car.

First SEAT fooked up the Ibiza Cupra, and now this.

My next car will unlikely be a SEAT going by their most recent track record.

Only idiots will pay a premium to buy this :doh:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise