GUIDE: The Mk2 Leon VAG-COM Guide

underbraking

Dan,
Thanks a lot!!!
most of the features on my 2010 Cupra 2.0TFSI were activated as mine was shipped to Colombia in South America.
I got rid of selective locking and activated the rain closing option. At first it did not work, it appeared on the MFD and it was switched on, after reading thru the post, I found out that the module needed new coding.
I was going to try the reverse mirror thing but it said " only with memory seats", has anyone tried it??
thanks again!!

cdpdesign

Jul 13, 2010
Had my 2010 Leon FR TDI at the local Revo dealer for a map the other day. We had a play with the latest VAG-COM and found a function to close windows when the rain sensor senses rain. Not sure if this works, as it's not rained around here lately!!!

Found it interesting enough to look at buying my own genuine cable, but not sure where to get it from for the best deal!!!

underbraking

Dan, cheers from Colombia!!
Most of the features were already set from factory, I added the closing on rain and got rid of selective locking. Thanks a lot!!
At first the rain closing didn't work, it appeared on the MFD as an option and it was turned on. It took me a while to discovered that I had to change the code on the module, I did the calculations for hex and decimal, but it wasn't a valid code so I just copied and paste the one I found on a linked forum from here...and voilá!
Has anyone tried the reverse mirror option? does it work?
Saludos!!!

underbraking

Does any one know how to code in VAG COM if you want the windows/sunroof to close automatically when you lock using the remote control (without holding the locking button)???

PompeyPete

Like a Golf, But more fun
Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Hi All, Please can anyone tell me if there is anyone with access to VAG com near SOUTHAMPTON that would like to earn "Some Beers" for making a few basic setting changes to my Leon, such as Disabling of motion locks and introduction of Bleep lock/unlock. Thanks in advance. Pete

PompeyPete

Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Vag COM Success & strange car!

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the really good info regarding VAG COM changes to the vehicles enhanced and often hidden capabilities. Just had a play with mine and managed to get rid of 2 of my huge bug bears with the locking...although that said i have now lost my indicator blink when using the remote to lock the car...????!!! It still flashes when i unlock though... My cars ECU is slightly eccentric i feel. On the whole though a good bit of kit. Big thanks to Nath, your a diamond.:clap:

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Myself and a few others had problems with the leaving home lights. The coming home lights worked ok, managed to change the timer to 10 seconds. Now to enable to leaving home lights you need to follow alter the following adaptation:

Control Module Adaptation

Select 09 (Central Electronics)
Adaptation -> Function 10

-> Channel 001 (Coming-Home Time)
Range: 0 - 120 Seconds

-> Channel 002 (Leaving-Home Time)

By default the leaving home lights were set to 0 in ch. 02, just change them to multiples of 10 seconds and boom! Now the lights come on when I unlock the car by remote. :)

Last edited:

FRozz

Oct 17, 2010
Romania
I ran a scan and came up with the following error:

1 Fault Found
008194 - Particulate Trap Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P2002 - 006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00010001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 40
Mileage: 43809 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 07:47:33

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1952 /min
Torque: 192.0 Nm
Speed: 23.0 km/h
Pressure: 0.0 mbar
Text: -21 mbar
Text: 176 C
Temperature: 7.5°C

Readiness: N/A

I tried taking the car down the dualler in 5th (about 2500rpm) for about 15 mins hoping it would clear the dpf but the same fault is appearing.

I have no warning lights. Should I get this checked out? clear the error and see if it reappears? or anything else? Is it possible to check what level the dpf is at with Vag-Com?

Cheers

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
Myself and a few others had problems with the leaving home lights. The coming home lights worked ok, managed to change the timer to 10 seconds. Now to enable to leaving home lights you need to follow alter the following adaptation:

Control Module Adaptation

Select 09 (Central Electronics)
Adaptation -> Function 10

-> Channel 001 (Coming-Home Time)

-> Channel 002 (Leaving-Home Time)

By default the leaving home lights were set to 0 in ch. 02, just change them to multiples of 10 seconds and boom! Now the lights come on when I unlock the car by remote. :)

Excellent work Scotty - glad someone was able to work this one out. Leaving home lights now working :D

a4noy

Vag-com

Hi, the VAG-COM how do I get a copy can't find any for sale it would be nice to plug and play with that stuff and code the key on the wifes arosa and sort it's central locking out that the dealer can't... andy

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
Last edited:

dearly beloved

Dec 10, 2008
Do you guys know how to turn on the welcome feature?like the one in the Sciroccos? It makes the speed and the rev. indicator go to top when you turn the key to position 1 and then they come back to zero..

Scotty2hotty

The futures bright...
Mar 30, 2010
Newcastle
you mean the needle sweep, not sure if you can do that on a Leon, yet im sure ive seen someone in a cupra manage to do this. I cant find anything in the listings to enable this.

dearly beloved

Dec 10, 2008
you mean the needle sweep, not sure if you can do that on a Leon, yet im sure ive seen someone in a cupra manage to do this. I cant find anything in the listings to enable this.

Yep the needle sweep, I guess it is the correct term..Well you can do that on a Leon..someone's already done it on a Leon 2010 TSi..but I can not find the code..

PompeyPete

Sep 20, 2010
Southampton
picasaweb.google.com
Hi Guys, Please can someone tell me if i have ordered the correct cable...? There are lots on here but they are from old posts, so of course i expect there to have been updates over time. Anyway the one i have just ordered comes with the following description: super 2010 HEX
USB CAN VAG 10.
6 Newest Vag Com 106,vcds vag com 106, vag-com 10.6 obd21
Is the the correct version or do i need something else. Thanks in advance, as always..!!
Pete.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members