LED Lighting

M88JCP

EDIT: Original "Exeo Grille" thread has been split, to segregate out the LED Lighting posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I just got LED W5W CAN BUS off ebay and they worked fine.
Same cant be said for the DRL and number plate ones :(

The ones that work are out of stock >>>>>>http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/Canbus white 27 SMD LED BA15s 1156 382 bulbs but I read that you can still get them from the USA :shrug:

What ones did you buy that didn't work? Do you have a Link? I'm thinking of giving these a go >>>>>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Can-Bus-White...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aab781d1f

I did the same, but how do you get to the ones near the indicator side lights ?? short of taking the headlight unit out !!

Long nosed pliers did the trick for me after I removed the air intake pipe (2 screws)

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands

mcdonald

I did the same, but how do you get to the ones near the indicator side lights ?? short of taking the headlight unit out !!

On the left side there are two connectors placed behind the headlight. Removing one or both connectors might give you some extra space behind the headlight.

For the right side you've to remove the air-intake.

There's no need to remove the headlight units (they're secured with 3 torx screws size 30).
The only thing you need is patience, and some good weather.

Don't pull any wires inside the headlight units!

The sidelights are easy.
First switch on the sidelights so you can locate them in the headlight units. Once located switched of the sidelights before you continue.
They're mounted on a long black socket. At the end of the socket is a flat piece of plastic that you can reach with you're fingers. Twist it and pull out the socket.
Before you insert the socket test if the sidelight is working. If not rotate the LED bulb and test again.

The end of the sockets for the indicator lights look like a T at the end. Best is to use fingers from both hands to twist this socket. When the socket is loose you can pull it out.
Placing the indicator sockets back in is a hard job because it's not easy to get the sockets well aligned. You can use pliers, but I preferred to use my hands (fingers) so I had a better feeling of what I was doing.

Lamps I've used:

Indicator lights: Philips Silver Vision
s_prod_py21w_sv.jpg

drl_led_06.jpg

Sidelights: http://www.immers.info/Webwinkel-Product-3282797/12v-Canbus-T10-5-SMD.html
4236885.jpg

exeo_stadslicht_01.jpg

exeo_stadslicht_02.jpg

DRL's: Benzinfabrik.de Link
SMD_LED_Tagfahrlicht_Set_Audi_A3_A4_A6_TT_Q7_3_gross.jpg

drl_led_11.jpg

mcdonald

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
No but someone in the MK2 Leon section did. May be worth a go but my email is down today. Feel free to email them and let us know. It's a PITA because they deffo work 100% on the MK2 Leon so should be good for us too.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have just bought these clicky They look exactly the same as the carmodshop ones that deffo work and they are from Ultraleds so I should be OK for a refund if they don't.

This thread has gone a bit off topic, the thread title could do with changing.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Actually I think they look OK. They look subtle not like some of the cars you see now with strips of LED's in strange shapes.

If the ones I have ordered don't work I will probably get some of those.

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
I have just bought these clicky They look exactly the same as the carmodshop ones that deffo work and they are from Ultraleds so I should be OK for a refund if they don't.

This thread has gone a bit off topic, the thread title could do with changing.

yeah thread is mega off topic, sorry to the OP.
However let us know asap if those bulbs work, I need to get these ones sent bac.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members