Wheel spacing mk2 cupra

• Thread starter Deleted member 65851
  • Start date

Deleted member 65851

Will I get away with 40mm (20mm each side) on the rear!
Would I be better to play it safe and only go for total of 30mm (15mm each side) ???

The front doesn't need doing I don't think from what I can measure.

Any one know of any other places to purchase from that are cheaper than Dpm?

Gaz

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Anything wider than 5mm more or so on the front will cause rubbing on the arches. Even standard ET52 wheels will rub if you push it hard enough in to a bend when its lowered.

Rear spacers that wide will not do anything for handling, and will probably fall foul of the arches too.

Guessing this is going to be a Euro Look car.

h47kin

May 30, 2009
Ireland
the size of wheel and tyre combination and offset will effect your arch clearance, i've 20mm each side with no serious issues.

oh and if its for looks be prepared to receive abuse from "Al"

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
Gaz, without wanting to sound funny, Damien @ DPM does some great prices and helps a lot of guys on the forum, also the service from him is meant be second to none, so I doubt you'll find anyone any cheaper with the same amount or service

I'm also an Eibach / H&R / FK dealer etc and without basically giving the product away there is no point in doing it any cheaper!!! At the moment we can't get enough wheel spacers in to satisfy demand !

Anyway, I run FK 15mm on the rear and 10mm on the front with no problems with Eibach Sportlines and 18" Seat sport rims.

Andy

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
Gaz, without wanting to sound funny, Damien @ DPM does some great prices and helps a lot of guys on the forum, also the service from him is meant be second to none, so I doubt you'll find anyone any cheaper with the same amount or service

I'm also an Eibach / H&R / FK dealer etc and without basically giving the product away there is no point in doing it any cheaper!!! At the moment we can't get enough wheel spacers in to satisfy demand !

Anyway, I run FK 15mm on the rear and 10mm on the front with no problems with Eibach Sportlines and 18" Seat sport rims.

Andy

Any pics of this set up! Thought about spacers and you have the same spring & wheel as me. Cheers

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
I'm running 20mm spacers on the on the back of my Cupra and they work perfect, the front will also do with up to 10mm spacers as long as you are keeping the standard tire size, and btw my car is lowered with H&R springs.. Never rubbed and I drive really hard.. If your going with that on the back, I recommend a 5 or 10mm up front to avoid messed up handling

Last edited:

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
Here's a photo with the 20mm on the back but nothing up front, will get some fresh photos soon as I get bac from my holidays next week..
You can see it looks sort of wrong with only rear spacers
1234kr.jpg

Deleted member 65851

Is there nothing on the front at all there?
Will 10mm be ok ??
Looks low for h&rs!!
Mine will be lower anyway with what ever spring I fit due to ice!
Gaz

Invincible

Dec 21, 2008
Dubai
There is nothing at front on that photo, I had 2 passengers there, you will be ok with 10mm and lowering springs.. But if your planning to go even lower than that then you need to have it stiffened up, I ran mine on 235/40-18 tires and 5mm spacers at front with very slight rubbing at front under harsh bumpy cornering, which all went away after I bent a small piece of support which affects nothing.. Back only started rubbing when I fitted 235/40-18 tires and can be avoided by having a stiffer suspension or 15mm spacers, but with stock tire sized your ok with 20 back and 10 front..

Last edited:

Deleted member 65851

There is nothing at front on that photo, I had 2 passengers there, you will be ok with 10mm and lowering springs.. But if your planning to go even lower than that then you need to have it stiffened up, I ran mine on 235/40-18 tires and 5mm spacers at front with very slight rubbing at front under harsh bumpy cornering, which all went away after I bent a small piece of support which affects nothing.. Back only started rubbing when I fitted 235/40-18 tires and can be avoided by having a stiffer suspension or 15mm spacers, but with stock tire sized your ok with 10 back and 10 front..

Hi bud

Thanks
Last line of your last post did you mean 20mm rear and 10mm front?
Just checking.
All I've got planned to do is fit the eibach sportslines and get 4 wheel aligned.
Run the freshly powder coated Cupra wheels for a while and then maybe buy some bbs ch 19 inch wheels and run with 235/35 r19
Obviously I'd try and get them in the nearest offset to match the standard wheels but they may be 8x19..........
Would the spacers be too wide then in this case!!

Deleted member 65851

I'd stick with 15mm (30mm Per Axle) at the rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damian

Il be buying them off you anyway ;0)
Have you got them in stock?
Are you sticking with the 15mm on rear due to the potential 19s I may fit?

Gaz

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.