RDS' Leon Cupra R

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thought I'd stick a quick update on here.

Took the car out today (when I eventually got it started), the battery was flat. When I was out the ESP light came on, it did the same about 6 weeks back, I'm guessing the MAF is on its way out.

I decided to take the centre upper honeycomb grill off a week back and redo it as I've never really been happy with the quality of the original, so its been taken apart, put back together all the holes around the edges filled then primed painted and re-lacquered so Its now one piece instead of several.

I also checked on my custom catch cans progress aswell and it should be ready for pick up before the weekend.

Come pay day I'm going to get a set of these and get the 2.0t coilpacks fitted.
:)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hey Richard,

On the upside, with a new maf and the coilpacks, it'll run a treat i'm sure. I can't get over your performance figures! I must pull so well through the gears.

Make sure you post up pics of the grill...

Oh, if it's any consulation, I had to jump mine today as I left the interior lights on over night... flat as a pancake...

James :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers James

I cant wait to get the MAF, coilpacks and spark plugs sorted. The car does pull really well, I'd actually forgotten how well untill I put my foot down today:drive1:.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on with your sound deadening, if you get good results I may give it a go.

Richard:)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Out of interest Darren/ Richard, which MAF did you/will you go for? The Bosch units are priced highly, but quailty and durability will be guaranteed. However, there's a lot of other manufacturers that sell MAFs and their prices vary massively???

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers D.K thats good to know, I've had the feeling its been on its way out for a while now so should definately make a difference

IMO James its not worth risking it with a non Bosch item, buy cheap buy twice ;), it'll be money well spent

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
IMO James its not worth risking it with a non Bosch item, buy cheap buy twice ;), it'll be money well spent

Thats what I thought,
I did read somewhere that the estimated life of a MAF was around 40k, I dont know how true that is, mine had done around 48k

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
well in the lead for the best LCR on here top work as always matey! :D

I thought I was in a different thread when I first red that, unless you posted it in the wrong one.

:redface: cheers mate, comments like that make the effort worth it, there are plenty of awesome LCR's on here and plenty that IMO are better then mine. Just wish I was better with a camera, hopefully I'll be able to get D.K to take a few snaps when I'm down AMD.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I thought I was in a different thread when I first red that, unless you posted it in the wrong one.

:redface: cheers mate, comments like that make the effort worth it, there are plenty of awesome LCR's on here and plenty that IMO are better then mine. Just wish I was better with a camera, hopefully I'll be able to get D.K to take a few snaps when I'm down AMD.

Photoshoot on the RR day matey... I think we will have a few LCR's worthy of it on the day!! [B)]

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
cheers DK is there a thread for this, i may come down can't see me running as saving up £1k to get the car through its mot going in for every bush changed anti roll bars front and back the works

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.