RDS' Leon Cupra R

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey Richard,

On the upside, with a new maf and the coilpacks, it'll run a treat i'm sure. I can't get over your performance figures! I must pull so well through the gears.

Make sure you post up pics of the grill...

Oh, if it's any consulation, I had to jump mine today as I left the interior lights on over night... flat as a pancake...

James :)

Here you go mate:

P1040569.jpg

not sure if you'll be able to see the difference, but I'm much happier with it now :)

Picked the new catch can up yesterday:

P1040574.jpg

I was going to wait to get a MAF before fitting it, but couldnt wait:

P1040580.jpg

P1040579.jpg

I think I'll paint it black in the future.

Also finally got round to fitting my final fancy bolt and washer :D
Before:

P1040518-1.jpg

The top rusty one was a nightmare to get off.

After:
P1040578.jpg

Cheers for looking:)

edit - I've got a new battery too

Last edited:
Reactions: EL

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice work as usual mate :)

Love the grill, looks great. And the little touches with the new bolts etc bring it all together. Nice :)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hi Richard,

Looking good mate, have you seen THESE they look a lot better than the cable ties you have on the catch tank hoses, and having seen your attention to detail thought you may be interested.

Last edited:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Of course its a perfect fit, I used your design ;) thanks again by the way mate. I think I'll paint it sooner rather then later, every time I look at it I cant help but think it doesnt match being silver! probably sounds daft saying as the cars silver, I think I'm getting engine bay OCD though :D

Reactions: D.K

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Car looks great mate!:clap:I've just added a few more bits to my list now, cheers lol. Your bay looks mint to looking really good. Keep up the good work.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
A few things turned up in the post:

P1040582.jpg

N75 and MAF, thanks to Dave at Sere

P1040584.jpg

Hose finishers and seperater, thanks to Phillc previous post

And I've also painted the catch can:
P1040587.jpg

I had planned on fitting everything today but its started snowing so I'm not:)

Just waiting on a set of NGK Iridium spark plugs and some more bits for the bay. Also hoping to sort a new oil cap and coolant bottle cap in the near future.

I'll get some pics up when I get everything fitted :D

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
cheers mate :) the weathers been a pain, when it stopped snowing it started raining. If the weathers ok first thing tomorrow I'll be straight out to the car to get everything fitted.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Me too! I got up, showered and dressed and it had started. Guess when it stopped? The minute it went dark, so I couldn't head out and crack on with it. Had been nice all week too, don't you just love British weather...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.