SEAT Toledo concept unveiled ahead of Geneva motorshow

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT Toledo Concept - Elegant Design with Sporty Dynamics.SEAT have previewed the fourth generation SEAT Toledo which they describe as a close-to-production study. The Toledo will go on display at the Geneva motor show next week, and SEAT have already revealed its due to go on sale before the end of 2012. More info and pics after the link.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
So it's smaller than exceo?
If exceo is the previous A4 then that will probably be based on the same platform and have similar size to planned A3 saloon. Sort of like leon saloon. Front looks like octavia.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Mk1 Toledo was about the same size, based on the mk3 golf chassis

I think you're thinking of the mk2

slepy

Oct 13, 2010
Sheffield
Yeah, you're correct. Was thinking about mk2.
But still that was on Golf mk4 platform, mk1 was on golf mk2 one.
Stiill was bigger than ibiza. Not mentioning mk3 one which was closer to MPV than a saloon.
So if they go to size of Ibiza, just longer, they should have changed the name as well.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
So really its more a replacement for the Cordoba than the Toledo in terms of size?

And then would that make the ILB a Toledo sized car or an Exeo sized car?

Last edited:

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
It looks too similar to the Skoda Rapid. Seat are supposed to be VAG's more 'sporty' brand, so why not make it different. A few swoopy lines down the sides; a shorter rear overhang, etc.

The interior - eww! The rectangular air vents; the big chunky gear lever - it could have come straight from a 1990's Golf SE.

It's going to have to drive like it's on rails with a rocket up its arse on a thimbleful of juice and have more toys than Mothercare for me to consider one.

gareth86

Oct 9, 2010
Kent
I like to the look of this. Will take a better look and maybe a test drive when it's on sale. Currently have a basic 1.4 Ibiza in Black. I love it but I'm looking for a little more power, but as I said I'm growing on this new Toledo, so maybe I'll go for this instead of a faster Ibiza. Ahh decisions :)

Can't wait to see what options and colours this will have

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I can't help but think they've ruined the front end with those new lights. the old-style lights were cat-like and with the down swoop to the centre bumper it looked sleek and slightly cheerful.
Now the range looks miserable and ugly.

Audi are supposed to be the technological wing of the vw fgroup, so let them look all spaceshipy, let SEAt be the slender supermodel of the brand.

Rene123

Looks like a nice car, however the first mock ups of the new exeo looks even better!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.