K1 kitted Leon Cupra gone........ Now got a TTRS

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Got up early this morning, and with the new cam lobe follwer sat there deceided to fit it. All in took 15 minutes to change. The original one has wear in the middle, but not as bad as I feared. Cam shaft is nice and smooth. For the sake of £27.00 and 15 minutes work, I have piece of mind. I would recommend to all with the same engine.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
After fitting the Dp, noticed a rattle the past week. Looked underneath to find the bolts that hold the exhaust to the subframe had both disappeared.
Got underneath today and fitted replacements, with nylocs and thread locker so should have no more issues with these. Also fitted the Powerflex lower gearbox mount bush. Didn't take long (helps having a shallow pit in the garage). Not been out yet, so don't know if there is any difference. Doubt I'd notice anyway.

2012-03-28115221.jpg

Just about ready for Santapod.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
your dash is immense! want much!! :) keep up the good work, nice build thread, would love a vid of the intake too :D

Thanks mate, appreciated.
I've still got the original dash, waiting to get sprayed up. Just haven't had the time to get it done.
Will sort a vid out, when I got down to Santapod on the 22nd at Spring fest.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Finally got rid of the ditch finders, and had Maxxis MAZ1 fitted at ATS in Loughborough. £540 including fitting / balancing. Hopefully once all releasing agent has worn off, should get a better feel. Will update with my findings. Also went to C&R Enterprises in Nottingham, an APR agent. Spoke to a helpful chap called Steve. Been quoted £299 for a stage 2, just waiting for an email to confirm prices and performance figures.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Well after a trip 40 mile round trip up the motorway today, as well as B roads I can confirm that the new Maxxis MAZ1's are well worth the money in the wet. Grip really, really well. Hit some big sections of standing water, and there was no aquaplaning at all! Very confidence inspiring. I highly recommend these tyres, especially as there classed as a summer tyre.

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Quick update, never had C&R Enterprises get back to me with a quote. So won't be dealing with, although still might go with a APR remap as their features operated with the cruies control stalk seems quite appealing. Although at around a £100, per code seems very expensive.

Anyway, been doing a bit of experimenting today to make her stand out abit.

2012-05-12135723.jpg

2012-05-12135935.jpg

Used Plastidip, to spray the rear. I really like it, so don't know whether to go vinyl or have it sprayed for a permanent job.
If your going to do a similar job yourself, buy two cans as one only just gives 4 coats and could really do with a couple more.

Best thing about using Plastidip, is that if you don't like it, it just pulls off with no residue left.

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Hi Mate,

Loving the piano black interior. Mind advising me on the colour code for it? Was it just a straight spray by the bodyshop. How easy/difficult is it to replace the parts without breaking?

Cheers

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
Hi Mate,

Loving the piano black interior. Mind advising me on the colour code for it? Was it just a straight spray by the bodyshop. How easy/difficult is it to replace the parts without breaking?

Cheers

Thanks mate,
I went to a local automotive paint supplier, and used their swatch cards can't remember the code sorry mate.
The dash is quite easy to take out, I bought a trim removal kit from ebay. Cost about £7.50. All the screws are easy to find apart from the two that are under the climate controls. I nearly ended up breaking the facia, as I didn't see them. The other difficult part, will when the grills for the vents fall out, and then trying to put them back in place.

If you do do it, contact me if you need any advice and I will try and help you mate.

yooni7

Jul 17, 2011
Don't know if I'm brave enough to attempt this but if I do, I'll contact you.

Thanks mate!

johnny_reyno

Leon Cupra R TFSI
Feb 27, 2012
Lancashire
hiya mate nice car. have you fitted a Atmospheric Blow Off Valve Spacer 2.0T by any chance. if you have where does it go and do i need something else to make it have louder hssss when changing gear. thankyou

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
hiya mate nice car. have you fitted a Atmospheric Blow Off Valve Spacer 2.0T by any chance. if you have where does it go and do i need something else to make it have louder hssss when changing gear. thankyou

Hi mate, the Forge spacer was fitted by the previous owner. To get a decent sound, you'd be better getting an induction kit fitted. The noise that will give will put a smile on your face every time it comes on boost.

I'll find the pic of the engine bay, where the spacer fits.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members