The Cupra: '08 Candy White Leon Cupra

Tander

Nov 28, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hey guys,

Long time reader / lurker here. So, decided it's time for a rides thread.

Some background info:

Back in 2014, I was in the market for an Audi S4, however a friend suggested I buy his 2008 Seat Leon Cupra instead. At first I told him I was not interested. He later then told me to come see the car first and drive it. Needless to say, as soon as I saw the car and even more so, when I drove it, I knew I had to have it. :D

Some photos of the car when I fetched her all those years ago:

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Current Mod / Spec list:

• LED lights all round, including exterior
  • Boot pop kit installed
  • Revo stage 2 mapped
  • R8 Coil packs
  • Devils Own WMI kit
  • Evoms intake
  • OEM RNS 510 radio
  • Autotech HPFP
  • RS4 FRPV
  • OEM S3 intercooler
  • Polar FIS

Currently the car is making around 280 BHP at the wheels.

Over the years, I haven't done too much to the car; however all that is about to change this year.

Started off with restoring the headlights as they showed signs of age:

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Before / After shots:

fb9b459d-84e4-4e3e-abe8-d46e91afe487.jpg

5aee2122-c769-4d28-ae32-0cce27d35dd9.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

Very happy with the outcome of the work / quality and the end result. As well as looking like new again, night vision has drastically improved and the beams are more focused, of course. :driving:
The only marks left on the lights now, are caused by the Xenon beam, and is on the inside of the light, unfortunately not much can be done about that.

o, after the lights were restored and coated with UV protection, I had to leave them for a full 24hrs, before I could wash the car. Sunday afternoon rolled on by, and that's exactly what happened next:

IMG_2302.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

I have also refreshed the engine bay, somewhat - thanks to a mate who did not need the stuff anymore, I got a battery cover, engine cover, fuse box cover and washer bottle lid cover, evoms, painted in white / grey. Also got a new oil and coolant caps:

IMG_2308.jpg

Getting there slowly, as I mentioned; many more things planned for the car over the next few weeks / months. :driving:

Thanks for looking! :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.