seat leon RS problems!

waitsey

Seat Leon Mk2 2.0
Oct 28, 2008
hey guys, just part ex my ibiza cupra. And got an 06 Leon Ref sport.

Got afew problems with it already.
On the rev dial i have a (upside down yellow bulb with a ! in the middle) What is it?
And when the turbo kicks in a have a funny noise abit like a police siren constant.
And when i brake the stering shakes.
Part from that nice car lol
Any ideas guys?
Thanks
Waitsey

Marty.H

Jul 29, 2012
Norfolk
the whining could be a warn turbo and the shake when on the brakes sounds like warped brake disks it may also be worth checking all your front joints and bushes and make sure there is no play

Marty.H

Jul 29, 2012
Norfolk
You say a blown turbo with siren sound, but my turbo is constant whistling in the first 4 gears between 1k-2k revs because of a remap.. Is my turbo blown? Is there any other way I can check?

you can take of the intake pipe and check for play and look for damage on the blades

waitsey

Seat Leon Mk2 2.0
Oct 28, 2008
update..

everything fixed on the car except the turbo.
i got a quote today of £700 for a new turbo as its still like a siren."(TurboPacs Garage) is this price about right? or does anyone know any decent garages in the North East area? Last time it was in the garage they said the turbo would need cleaning

Also im getting a remap stage 1 and they quoted £499, again is this the norm?

Thanks in advance
Waitsey

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
I'd get a garage to do a pressure test on the turbo pipework to check for a leak before forking out for a turbo. I was always under the impression that if a turbo has gone, there's a lot of smoke and there wont be any boost at all. When you say the turbo kicks in, I assume you feel boost?

Last edited:

waitsey

Seat Leon Mk2 2.0
Oct 28, 2008
yea you might be right, turbo kicks in no problem and no smoke. i did take it back then they fobed me off. i dont think i need a new one at all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.