Seat Mii - General Thoughts

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Lazy bugger, can you not reach over :D

For me I prefer the outside of the Mii & the inside of the Citygo, just something not quite right with the UP's front bumper for me. .

Yup or have to turn a key in a lock :D TBH it was the electric windows I wanted the most as I have to swipe a card to get into my works car park and right pain to have to wind a window up and down every day.

It's the slightly different front bumper and the full length class panel that to me made the Up! a little more distinctive.

Seat_Salesman

I have started to see a few Mii's about, but the Up! still has the edge IMO, and slightly better residual value. My Up! has just arrived and like it, just wish VW did the same £115 option of colour coded handles and mirrors SEAT do. But then I was able to spec central locking and electric windows on the Up! something you cannot do on the Mii S :confused: Managed to squeeze a £650 discount on my Up! as well :D

20121005_122707.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what did you end (UP!) paying for your new car? Plus what extras did you go for?

bazves

Read about that on another forum, disappointing not to see the Mii in there. I'm amazed at Seat's lack of effort in pushing the car :confused:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Just out of curiosity, what did you end (UP!) paying for your new car? Plus what extras did you go for?

I got it all in for £8100 including three year service pack, and went for the convenience pack (electric windows, central locking, drivers seat heigh adjuster, light delay) and maps and more.

The Mii A/C S with the colour pack that I was also looking at worked out a £100 more on the deal I got offered including the free Sat Nav. But the service pack was more at £300 and I could have the finance over 42 months instead of 36 that is VW is limited to. Monthly they worked out the same just I was paying for the Up! six months less.

Champagnerocker

Dec 9, 2012
I'm confused with Seats seeming lack of publicity and push of the MII. There were TV adverts for the VW and the Skoda and nothing (that I've seen) from Seat. And I've seen plenty of Ups on the road, the odd Citigo but not a single MII. The MII at the moment very much seems the poor relation to the other 2.

Unlike the Up and the Citigo the Mii doesn't even have its own wikipedia page!

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
Don't know what the hell's been going on at SEAT's PR department in the last four years.
It will be interesting to see how they get behind the new Leon - after failing to back their previous two key products, (before the new - and somehow underwhelming - Toledo), the Exeo and the Mii.

bazves

I noticed on Top Gear at the weekend, there was mention of the Up GT in news section, then they played 'car tennis' with an Up an Citigo, so yet again the Mii gets no media exposure

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Had a Mii as courtesy car while my Exeo was being serviced about 2 months ago and currently have a Chevrolet Spark as a courtesy car while my Exeo is being repaired following a minor bump.

Compared to the Chevrolet Spark, the Mii is a much better car to drive and a lot less quirky (even with the smiley face stickers that the dealer had put on it). The Spark by comparison has a terrible engine, awful sound insulation and pedals that feel like they are linked to the clutch / brakes / engine by rubber bands. The Mii is the better car by miles.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
Our Ibiza was in for service and MOT a couple of weeks ago and I got a 60hp Mii SE for the day. Very good car and a worth y replacement for the Lupo. Only niggle was a hesitation when accelerating (presumable a mapped in emissions thing) and no widow switch on the drivers door for the passenger window.

A week later, it was in for replacement rear discs and pads, which I would have done myself if it wasn't for a front sping and ARB link breaking. I got a five door Mii S that day. Drove exactly the same, hesitant, but that extra money to spec up is well worth it and I see that the TOCA special edition is identical to the SE but cheaper. Niggles with the S were no clock (WTF?) and no passenger door key hole.

Both had a really good drive and felt well planted on the road. Room in the back is rubbish. No chance of adults using those seats and I wouldn't relish a child kicking my back for any length of journey. I'm less than 6' tall too. Good boot though, marks lost for egg box rear shelf, the Lupo one was far better.

Would I buy one? Yes, on the proviso the hesitancy could be mapped out and that I got at least the TOCA/SE. The Sport in the showroom looked good and presumably would be worth the extra for more poke. If the Up! GT is rebranded as an FR and comes in below £11.5k with rear discs and bette rseats with side bolsters and separate headrests, it would be well worth a sniff.

Champagnerocker

Dec 9, 2012
I was pleased to be able to get an 8 by 1½ foot [2440mm x 457mm] piece of wood for shelving home from B & Q in my Mii this week. I had been dreading the prospect of going home with my boot half open and tied down with string as i had thougt it would be a few inches too many.

gmengg

Good thread started. Got some useful information from this thread.

AdamFR1

Ibiza FR 1.4 TSi
Jul 25, 2013
Bristol
The mii, great build, fantastic stereo, handles like a little gokart! Badly let down badly in my opinion by the extremely noisy and rough engine! I had a 1.0 Arosa that wasn't this bad!