Went to see Mk3 today.....

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
The more i see of the mk3 the more i like it...id only be interested in the cupra though,liking the 3door aswel,very nice...i like the way the inner door trims light up red thats pretty cool

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
The dealers appear to be getting in their UK spec cars now. I was at Lifestyle in Brighton today and they have a black SE with LEDS and a white FR with LEDS.

Will get some pics up later if i can, the white FR was parked next to a white Ibiza FR, neither had plates on and too be absolutely honest they look VERY similar from all angles. ;)

Think i'll be sticking with mine for a while.

WildWestHero

Mar 11, 2007
The Wild West
The dealers appear to be getting in their UK spec cars now. I was at Lifestyle in Brighton today and they have a black SE with LEDS and a white FR with LEDS.

Will get some pics up later if i can, the white FR was parked next to a white Ibiza FR, neither had plates on and too be absolutely honest they look VERY similar from all angles. ;)

Should be an interesting picture. When I was driving the other day I saw an Ibiza 5 door in white, and had a bit of a double-take as I thought it was the new Leon (having recently seen one at a dealer roadshow).

I wasn't overly enamoured when I first saw pictures of the Leon Mk2 (especially the teddy bear nose shaped grille). Now, especially in FR form, I think the Mk2 is a great looking car. So despite my initial disappointment at the new safe design (especially the re-introduction of the rear door handles), I ignored my initial gut reaction, and the more I see pictures of it, the more I like it (good job really as I've an FR184 on order as my next lease car).

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
Should be an interesting picture. When I was driving the other day I saw an Ibiza 5 door in white, and had a bit of a double-take as I thought it was the new Leon (having recently seen one at a dealer roadshow).

I wasn't overly enamoured when I first saw pictures of the Leon Mk2 (especially the teddy bear nose shaped grille). Now, especially in FR form, I think the Mk2 is a great looking car. So despite my initial disappointment at the new safe design (especially the re-introduction of the rear door handles), I ignored my initial gut reaction, and the more I see pictures of it, the more I like it (good job really as I've an FR184 on order as my next lease car).

It is true how some designs can grow on you (either quite quickly or over time).
It is a shame about rear door handles, but I guess the fact there's a 3 door now, means they intentionally didn't want the 5dr to look like a 3 door?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013

The dealership down the road here in Germany has finally got an FR in the showroom - the Mk2 FR was not a big seller here like in the UK; it is well specced with tech pack and alcantara seats, and when compared side by side with the Leon SE the inerior looks great.

It only has the 17" standard wheels, but they look much better in the flesh and IMO better that the machined 18" upgrade.

Ok so the interior finish may not on par with the Mk7 Golf SE / GTD (albeit an FR can be had for a similar cost to the basic S model Golf!) but it is far better than the Mk3 Octavia.

Just trying to convince my wife that this should be her new car.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.