Luck

Fordyfr

Hello all, new boy on the block, take delivery of my brand new ibiza fr 1.2 tsi in early march on a 14 plate, can not wait! Went for it in white, with black gloss alloys, pan roof, black wing mirrors, red calipers and the black painted front bumper. After having a reliable as you could need micra for my first three years of driving, the radiator went on Monday and I've had to shell out 250 quid just two weeks before I get the ibiza! How typical, anyway already lined up wind deflectors, aerial and mud flaps for as soon as I get in, but think I'm going to bottle the remap because of the warranty issues haha, any comments about which to go for, LEDs or HIDs would be appreciated!

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
Congrats on your purchase. Remaps for late 2013/2014 cars aren't actually available yet.

I had one of these as a courtesy car while my Cupra was getting work done - impressive for a 1.2!

Fordyfr

Oh haha well that answers that question for me then! Cheers mate, yeah was really impressed on the test drive felt a lot more powerful than I expected. Awesome car as well by the way

Fordyfr

Cheers mate! Any complaints yet? And have you done anything to it?

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Good choice, I've got one on order as well, taking delivery on March 3rd!

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Definitely! The annoying thing is that my car is actually with the dealer already, so I've been to see it and got a couple of pics

12585030245_efe1e7bf41_c.jpg

12585140583_f902cdb5fb_c.jpg

The wait is killing me! :happy:

Fordyfr

Awesome that mate haha I thought the wait was killing me but that must be heart breaking!

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Oh yeah, it's killer! Mind you, I've told them it means they've got a fortnight to get it looking perfect!! Haha

Yours sounds pretty sweet too, looking forward to seeing pics!

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
I've had my 1.2TSI FR since July 2012 and i can't tell you how pleased i am! The car has run faultlessly. No complaints although I have kind of got used to the power but i suppose that the same for whatever car you have haha.
You boys are sure to enjoy your new toys! Look forward to seeing pics and mods!

Fordyfr

Good to hear! Have you done any mods or anything over the time? Hate talking about it in a way feels like it's getting further away! Hahaha

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
Haha i was exactly the same when I was waiting for mine!
I carbon wrapped behind the front reg plate and bottom trim which IMO changed the look of the car dramatically I have since changed to gloss black (I have the Green FR btw).
Wheel spacers 20mm rear, 15mm front. Then lowered on H&R lowering springs. The lowering springs don't reduce the arch gap enough but its certainly improves its stance from the 4x4 as standard ahaha.
I haven't really done any other mods as insurance price wouldn't allow me haha
but next insurance year will be the year the mods start to flow.

Do you have any ideas on what you want to do to the car?

Fordyfr

Short term just the daft things like the mudflaps wind deflectors the aerial, maybe the windows tinted if they don't come lightly tinted as standard. Definitely want to lower it think the whole profile of the car looks much better so that's a must. Think il definitely bottle the remap job unless or until there's no warranty on it haha. Sounds class yours mind! What's the sound system like inside as well that was on my mind?

BenRussell38

Mar 20, 2013
Derby
Oh yeahh, i have wind deflectors good little mod they were, especially when you need a bit of fresh air in the wet weather! Yeah mine definitely need tinting however that may disguise a few stickers that i have in the rear side windows.
I agree with you on the lowering just the 25/40mm drop on mine has transformed the look but for me doesn't quite do it enough.
Sound system is good for saying its only front speakers, i think the bass has took its toll on my right speaker tho because its recently started to crackle. Overall tho reasonable system.

funkster

The red looks lovely, I've only ever seen white and black ones :)

On the subject of speakers my 2012 Fr has blown front speakers, I took it to Seat last week and they're replacing them under warranty so worth a trip to the dealer! I've only had the car 2 weeks and the speakers were dodgy from the start making a sort of distorted farting noise so I'm glad they're getting sorted.

Fordyfr

Aye haha less common, I was thinking about replacing the stock speakers with after market ones but only if it seems worth it, obviously they wouldn't be covered on warranty like the stock ones, think id stop short of ever getting a subwoofer though

funkster

Aye haha less common, I was thinking about replacing the stock speakers with after market ones but only if it seems worth it, obviously they wouldn't be covered on warranty like the stock ones, think id stop short of ever getting a subwoofer though

I was going to upgrade mine before I mentioned it in passing when I was back at the dealer for something else and they said they would replace them for me. If they go again then I'll upgrade but for now (and as they're free) I'll stick with the seat ones :)