Seat portable system new gauges

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
@Pher: Which version software are you running on your device? Thanks

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
I can confirm that this did not work on my new 14 plate FR, just says it will only function on the correct model and reboots the unit :(

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Going to have a little play around with this later this evening, so if I can get it working on my car, so will update if I have any success!

Enog

Feb 3, 2014
Ignore the previous! I did a restore and fresh update on my Garmin and when I tried this again it all worked! Great stuff Pher!!!

Pher

Mar 1, 2014
Portugal
thank you very much

Hi lecorse, i have done the same changes as i did with the Garmin VwUserShell.
You just need to paste the folder on your Navigon and see if it works. I recommend a full backup before any changes.

w**.4shared.com/rar/uMWtNR41ba/VwUserShellN.html

lecorse26

Thank you Pher to be working on,

All works fine, its just my nothing more, I have exactly the same as before.

there just has the background color, circle of water that change temperature.

I run my navigon in Cupra mode by following these manipulation, create a file named the branddevice.reg, to the root, then Open the folder 'VwBrandDevice' and then open the folder 'Settings', find the file 'UserSettingsDevMode.default'. Open that file with Notepad and change <active>0</active> to <active>1</active> and save the file.

I start the screens back seat with the Cupra logo, I simply nothing more

Last edited by a moderator:

lecorse26

I copy and paste this VwUserShell, its not just gave me nothing more. Try to reset to default settings your Navigon PID and copy paste only

Pher

Mar 1, 2014
Portugal
I copy and paste this VwUserShell, its not just gave me nothing more. Try to reset to default settings your Navigon PID and copy paste only

I lecorse, sorry for not working...
I'm not sure what is going on. With the original version of Navigon are you getting the Cupra start screen? After the factory reset do you get the menu that tells wich car you have?

Pher

Mar 1, 2014
Portugal

I lecorse, sorry for not working...
I'm not sure what is going on. With the original version of Navigon are you getting the Cupra start screen? After the factory reset do you get the menu that tells wich car you have?

@Pher with a VCDS 12.12 i find a module where we can choose the model of the car. Do you think i can choose Cupra and plug my PID and he will auto detect the normal Ibiza as a Cupra one ?
I haven't any experience with tools like VCDS. If you think that is safe to change the model of the car (can you restore it back?) just try it. After change the model of the car, you will need to make a full reset on the PID to get the menu that will find the model of your car.
By the way, on VCDS, did you see any number that represents the model of the car?

lecorse26

well replace the file, I had the good logo normal seat. logo cupra this is me that is added

Pher

Mar 1, 2014
Portugal
I'm not sure what can be...
Maybe is something wrong with the branddevice program. When you create the branddevice.reg file, did you get a menu wich tells what car you have?

lecorse26

yes but when I value 1. SEVERAL offers me his choice vw skoda seat. I have put seat cupra, thinking to have all the data, its just me nothing to make.

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
I don't think anyone has yet managed to update their Navigon device to the updated software version.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think all you're doing is using a Garmin device on a lower spec car to access Cupra features.

Has anyone got the most up to date software running on a Navigon device?

ekuL

Pher's technique has worked a treat for me in my 13 plate Ibiza SE. I can now access the performance menu once the engine has been started and can view the boost gauge etc.

This is using the Garmin branded portable system with the latest software update via Fresh.

P.s thanks a lot Pher!

Last edited by a moderator:

lecorse26

Tell someone has managed to put on are Navigon 7.10.25 -> 7.13.10.
Because if it happens has to 7.13.10, from there, we will access can be aditional information to boost the cupra ...

you have the new of this topic

sean1875

Just tried this on my 13' 1.2tsi FR. All works except G force thing as already mentioned.

I did have 1 issue though, I updated the SPS using the Fresh software which for some reason didn't update it to the latest update but the 2nd latest instead anyway I carried on and swapped the VWusershell file. I then updated the SPS to the latest version.... Then tried to use it, it worked fine but there was no performance menu. I then swapped the file again and the performance menu appeared so I think when you update the SPS it automatically replaces the VWusershell file with what it should be.

With regards to the boost gauge it sits at 1 Bar at idle and goes upto 1.875 Bar at full boost. These figures are obviously off, It should sit at 1 bar at idle and go upto .875 (12psi) at full boost which sounds about right for a small turbo. Not sure if the ECU maybe computes the boost level as a percentage of what maximum boost is on that particular car in which case the readings won't be accurate to the 1.2tsi.

Also the gauge is a bit laggy but its alright for a free upgrade! Looking forward to trying the 0-60 timer! Big thanks to the dude that discovered this!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.