satnav not loading from sd card

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
2014 leon fr tdi 184

Getting this error message when I insert the seat maps sd card.. "The navigation data in the SD card are not valid. Please check data". Dealer things its a problem with sd card and ordered another, but already tried 2. Anyone else having this problem?

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Didn't work sadly. I've tried to look for threads on the topic but can't find anything similar.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
............... and based upon what's gone on before make sure THEY fit it and check it works. If it doesn't don't allow them off the hook to making it work.

As was stated they appear to have to be paired with the vehicle, and as yet nobody (including apparently many dealers doing it for the first time) knows how to do this.

Probably silly question, but the card is going in the right slot, isn't it? From where I am at the moment I 'm sorry I can't say which :headhurt:

Last edited:

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Yeah it's def in ok slot ok, it detects the card and tried to initialise the nav, but fails with the above error.

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
Hello, I'm the salesman who sold Ben the Leon and ust to clear this up for anyone with the same problem here is what I discovered.

There are different versions of Sat Nav SD Cards with different part numbers. When the original card was lost we tried another card in it which produced the error message above. The reason, I've found out, was because the card was a different (v4) than the one that originally came with the car (v3). So we ordered Ben a new V3 card and put it into the unit and it then worked straight away. There was no pairing process needed so it seems that the issue only exists when the version of the card differs from the original.

Hope that helps someone who comes across the same issue of a misplaced/lost card. First, get the dealer to check which version of the card originally came with your car which can be done using your chassis number and EKTA. Once you know this then you know which card you need to purchase/obtain in order to make it work with no problems.

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Yep, works like a dream. Thanks for spending the time on researching this one Phil!

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
So, are we to gather that it is the card TYPE that is the issue ? Ie speed, or format type perhaps ?

If this is the case, you should be able to overwrite your original card with new map data - which seems to have failed when users tried this.

I feel its important to not get your hopes up, and trash a working card !

Its always baffles me why manufacturers NEED to over complicate things... the media card slot seems to reads most cards, so why add security to the map one ? After all this things are often "outed" to the masses within days ;-)

With the security removed you (Seat) could simply offer downloads from your site.... but of course, you wouldn't be making more more from that !

Last edited:

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums...obile Uploads/20140903_165108_zpspdznoy8v.jpg

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums...obile Uploads/20140903_165102_zpsu4byj4kr.jpg

Well as you can see from the card that didn't work it is a version 4 - part number ending in .F

The one that the car in question originally came with was a .E (version 3).

When ordering these cards they all have seperate part numbers... As for questions concerning the unoffical updating of cards I wouldn't be best placed to comment.

Jun

Aug 16, 2018
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/Philip_McCambridge/Mobile Uploads/20140903_165108_zpspdznoy8v.jpg

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/Philip_McCambridge/Mobile Uploads/20140903_165102_zpsu4byj4kr.jpg

Well as you can see from the card that didn't work it is a version 4 - part number ending in .F

The one that the car in question originally came with was a .E (version 3).

When ordering these cards they all have seperate part numbers... As for questions concerning the unoffical updating of cards I wouldn't be best placed to comment.
Dear Phil,
i think the card version may be one of the reasons. in my case I tried to update navigation database in my genuine card that came with my car unfortunately the updated version was more than 2gb and could not keep in the memory card. later I have restored the original data file that I copied from the original card as a backup but still the the error message coming up. could you please let me know why this is happening? it is the same card and same nav database. thanks in Advance :)