Status
Not open for further replies.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
just spotted this vid on topgear website
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/fernando-alonso-hearts-honda-nsx-2015-01-21
as well as touting the new Honda NSX, it shows a lap of the Nurburgring in the old NSX-R, from 9 years ago, and this hugely-admired supercar just got below 8 minutes.
and now? Sub-8 on a leon Cupra? for HOW LITTLE??
things move on....

Yeh in 10 years time, Corsa 1 litre's will be doing 70 mpg, 0 - 60 in 4 secs and have grip to scare a F1 car.:lol:

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
So as I was saying. Ford Focus RS due out next year sub £30k with 4wD and 318 BHP as per Auto Express Magazine out today to compete with Golf R ,Audi RS3 ,Merc A45 AMG,AUDI S3 .... Come on Seat out with it .....!! ;)

Seat leave things a bit late,but if they want to continue in this type of market, they must have something around the corner surely ...!!!

Last edited:

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
One way they could do the AWD thing and still keep the price down would be to relegate a lot of the unnecessary frippery featured on the 280 to the options list. Dual zone climate, sat nav, DCC, bloody LED headlights, 19" wheels etc are all things I'd happily live without. Build it that way, pitch it at a similar price to the 280 and then drop the 280. They could then add the body and DSG options to the 265 and still have the 2 model Cupra range. It also wouldn't need any more power than the 280 already has because it's replacing it, not range-topping it and at the same time it wouldn't be stepping on the Golf R and S3's tootsies. Job done SEAT, get it built!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
But who (other than yourself) wants to buy a new (range topping car) car with no equipment?

Last edited:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
One way they could do the AWD thing and still keep the price down would be to relegate a lot of the unnecessary frippery featured on the 280 to the options list. Dual zone climate, sat nav, DCC, bloody LED headlights, 19" wheels etc are all things I'd happily live without. Build it that way, pitch it at a similar price to the 280 and then drop the 280. They could then add the body and DSG options to the 265 and still have the 2 model Cupra range. It also wouldn't need any more power than the 280 already has because it's replacing it, not range-topping it and at the same time it wouldn't be stepping on the Golf R and S3's tootsies. Job done SEAT, get it built!

then what you've got is a stripped-out track special like the Megane, which is not for the real world, where most people WANT climate, satnav, bluetooth etc.
No reason why there couldn't be a 4WD Cupra as well as the 2WD version. Surely VAG don't care which car you buy from them? Seat, VW, Audi - all in the group.
Losing sales to Ford, Merc and BMW is what hurts...

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
But who (other than yourself) wants to buy a new (range topping car) car with no equipment?
What, like my £22k 2 year old boggo Pi55rat has low level washer fluid warning ( no h/l washers) and the £28k + 'top of the range' Leon doesn't? ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
What, like my £22k 2 year old boggo Pi55rat has low level washer fluid warning ( no h/l washers) and the £28k + 'top of the range' Leon doesn't? ;)
I bet you'd be more upset if a basic Leon had more equipment than your premium Leon though, not quite the fair comparison between different makes you cheeky monkey :)

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I bet you'd be more upset if a basic Leon had more equipment than your premium Leon though, not quite the fair comparison between different makes you cheeky monkey :)

Sent from my G3 using Tuppytalk
MMM yes. Like the sat nav :sick: and the LED lights :w4nk:.... yes, I'd be well pi55ed if a boggo Leon had them..........:D

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
then what you've got is a stripped-out track special like the Megane, which is not for the real world, where most people WANT climate, satnav, bluetooth etc.

It wouldn't be like that. It would still have 5 seats, a boot without scaffolding in it, 3 point belts, normal air con, proper headlights etc. I'm sure xenons are cheaper than LEDs and upgradeable with it if they use the weedy 25W ones. I mostly drive my car to work and back and I know where that is and how to get there, so that's the nav out the window. I'll use google maps on my phone if I ever get lost anywhere else. Nobody except poseurs and willy wavers really needs 19" wheels on a small hatchback and I think the DCC is a gimmick that gets played with a few times and then the driver says "I like that one" and it gets left in the same mode from then on.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Last edited:

colsy

Mar 15, 2012
Dover
Ok thanks I'll have a read mate ;)

I don't know if this is what I was after but it's a start .

http://www.seatcupra.net/wp/index.php/2015/02/09/seat-launches-its-fastest-ever-production-car/

========== Apologies=========== Noticed I'm a bit late on the subject ============= It's been covered elsewhere lol

my thoughts.... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414371 :D

I suppose we've got to retain something to separate us from the common folk, I say what what :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members