Triple R Cupra/Cupra 280 splitter

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yesterday was the day.. First and final fitting of the new Triple R composites splitter for Cupra/Cupra 280 (Might also fit FR).

I went in December to start the design work with Triple R. We couldn't use the MK2 splitter as a starting point as the shape is different so had to start again with a lump of wood.

This is how we ended up

The MK3 shape has allowed us to make the splitter alot shallower therefore meaning the MK3 splitter is a lot lighter than the MK2 one that we designed back in the day on my MK2 LCR.

"Official" photos to come soon.

Triple R have said turn around time on these is around 2 weeks from ordering (All handmade), They will come in at around £80 + £15 PP so roughly £95 (Triple R to confirm).

Fitting kit is included, bolts and washers.

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Looks good. Any pictures you can post from underside of where the fixings are and what they look like? I'm wondering if I would be able to replace my MK1 splitter with this now I have already made holes.

ta

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Looks good. Any pictures you can post from underside of where the fixings are and what they look like? I'm wondering if I would be able to replace my MK1 splitter with this now I have already made holes.

ta

Forgot to do that PIC I'll try this afternoon.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
people plural or people meaning anyone?
I've emailed them so just waiting for a reply.

out of interest what is the actual practical purpose of a splitter? I know it makes it look slightly nicer from the front as it makes it a little lower. but i'm guessing there is a proper purpose for them

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
also, how is it for going over speedbumps /ramps etc? I'm interested in getting one to make it stand out a little more than a standard leon. but if it makes it a problem for general driving then i guess i shant bother.

Mattias

Apr 9, 2014
Sweden
people plural or people meaning anyone?
I've emailed them so just waiting for a reply.

out of interest what is the actual practical purpose of a splitter? I know it makes it look slightly nicer from the front as it makes it a little lower. but i'm guessing there is a proper purpose for them

I have also emailed them. I will make order as soon as possible:)