Exeo owner new to the forum

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Evening all, stumbled across this forum recently and thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Currently drive a 61 plate Exeo ST Sport Tech 141 in track grey, has a few factory extras fitted such as winter pack with heated seats, interior lighting pack with footwell lights, red LEDs in the map light, door handles, armrest etc, plus xenons and led rear lights.

Had mine a little while now and can't fault it, very smooth and refined, comfortable on a long run and (touch wood!) no reliability issues so far.

Have added a few bits and pieces myself, from browsing the forum it seems many others have done the same. Some of the bits I've done;

RS4 pedals (pricey but do look good, footrest cover, clutch and brake fitted in 15 mins, accelerator took heating, lubricating, forcing and finally lots of swearing before going on!)
Chrome exhaust trim (Skoda Octavia part).
Fan jet washers (heated on mine so a bit pricey at £40 the pair but well worth it)
Chrome mirror covers (I know these aren't everyone's cuppa but quite like them on the track grey alongside the chrome window trim and roof rails)
All interior lights changed to LED bulbs.
Changed orange front indicator bulbs for Osram Diadem chrome (I have fingers like Walls sausages so they looked like they'd been through a paper shredder when I'd finished!)
Smoked side repeaters to replace the original chrome/orange.
Engine bay scuttle/battery cover, rubber gasket, bottle cover, black screenwash cap and Porsche coolant cap (last two serve no purpose just look better than the blue plastic originals :happy:)
VW LED torch to replace the cigarette lighter.
Boot liner and cargo net.
Fire extinguisher and first aid kit in the boot cubby hole.

Still a few other things I'd like to do/add when time, finances and motivation permit.

Looks to be a good forum, was quite surprised there was so many posts in the Exeo section as there seems to be so few on UK roads.
Look forward to joining in the chat and maybe even passing on some of my very limited knowledge!

Tried to put a couple of pics of the old bus up but need 15 posts, so will stick some up at a later date (if anyone wants to see them that is!)

Cheers all,
Aidan.

CoupeKing

Apr 20, 2014
Welcome aboard Aidan. Sounds like you have been a busy chap already.
Be great to see the exhaust trim when you're able to post the pics. Was it straight fit or did it need bodging?

Sausageinabun

Jul 5, 2014
Manchester
Welcome, and it sounds like you've been a busy bee with regards to the mods. Can't wait for the pics, but please do show us under the bonnet too, I'm interested to see how it looks.

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Thanks for the welcomes[B)]

Not really been too busy on the car yet, had it since last year so just done odd bits now and again when I've a bit of spare time to kill! Next job will hopefully be DAB when I can find a system that integrates with the RNS-E for a reasonable price.

Exhaust trims are a straight fit if you don't mind them protruding beyond the bumper by a few mm's. To get a perfectly flush fit you'd need to cut the pipes to an angle, but in all honesty they look fine fitted as they are. Simply slide on and clamp in place, mine have been on a few months and no pitting or corrosion on the chrome so seem a decent quality.

Will get a few pics up once I'm allowed! :D

GTRACING

Sep 27, 2014
Hi
I have ST 143 also in grey , I like the idea of aluminium or crome mirror covers , will be nice to see how it looks , I have the same skoda exhaust trims. Have you changed your rear indicators to LEDs. I put a thread on here but no one has actually changed these bulbs. Im a bit reluctant to be the guinea pig, expence and all that. I think it would finish the LEDS rear lights off a treat.There is great knowledge on here, and everyone is helpful.
Enjoy
Mark

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Looks like you've been busy Aidan, look forward to seeing some photos. It would be good and helpfull to have a dedicated photo section on this section rather than having to re-direct to other parts of the forum.

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Hi
I have ST 143 also in grey , I like the idea of aluminium or crome mirror covers , will be nice to see how it looks , I have the same skoda exhaust trims. Have you changed your rear indicators to LEDs. I put a thread on here but no one has actually changed these bulbs. Im a bit reluctant to be the guinea pig, expence and all that. I think it would finish the LEDS rear lights off a treat.There is great knowledge on here, and everyone is helpful.
Enjoy
Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for the welcome.
No, haven't done the indicators on mine. DRL and sidelights are on my to do list but not sure how much of an improvement LED's for the indicators would be with just the single bulb?
Would look great if they were the same style as the brake & tail lights though.
Would imagine you'd need to wire in resistors to avoid the bulb out errors (and possibly for them to flash at the right speed), I've tried a couple of types of LED on the number plates lights and not found any that work error free on the Exeo.
I know Kufatec do a plug and play adaptor with resistors for the number plate lights but not seen anything similar for the other lights unfortunately.
I got my Interior LED's from Horizon LED, I see they do Cree LED indicator bulbs which seem to get good reviews but again I doubt they'd be error free without a resistor adding.
Sorry I can't be more help, keep us informed if you do have a go at them I'd be interested to see if they do make much of an improvement.

Looks like you've been busy Aidan, look forward to seeing some photos. It would be good and helpfull to have a dedicated photo section on this section rather than having to re-direct to other parts of the forum.

Cheers fella,
Tend to keep my cars quite a while (the Passat the Exeo replaced served me 10 years and 185,000 miles) so like to get them exactly how I want them (well, as close as possible :rolleyes:), helps keep the urge to change at bay for a bit longer!
Photo section sounds a good shout, always good to see other cars and get ideas for more things to blow cash on :D

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Ticked one more item off my to-do list.

Picked up an 18" Fenix alloy on eBay a few weeks ago and finally got round to getting a tyre fitted this weekend.
Now have a proper full size matching spare rather than the 16" steel wheel originally supplied :D

The 18" with a 225/40/18 is a tight fit in the spare wheel recess, only thing I needed to do was remove the polystyrene from the bottom of the spare wheel cover to let it sit level.

savery

Feb 20, 2015
Late but welcome to the forum, I'm fairly new myself and am probably the youngest Exeo driver in history, as said above will be good to see some pics.

Steve

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
A few pics of mine to add to the thread

c5274edc-53e6-4828-8c62-6e381397e0a0_zpsisvydpz0.jpg

56d6beee-ef34-49bc-bdba-d21dcde53ff5_zpsi70slbeu.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsoysik5u1.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsntdtypgx.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsmxn1bpcg.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsmt3xkyze.jpg

image.jpg6_zpszbne6wlg.jpg

Dave_Exeo

Mar 11, 2015
N.Wales
Looks sweet mate. Engine bay looks so much tidier with the extra bits of plastic added. How did you find them to fit?

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Looking great, really like the estate boot area.

Cheers, would have liked one of the high sided OEM boot liners but couldn't justify £120 for one!
The one I've got in there was only £25 and does the job of protecting the carpet.

Looks sweet mate. Engine bay looks so much tidier with the extra bits of plastic added. How did you find them to fit?

Thanks, engine covers are a doddle to fit.
The cover over the screen wash/power steering reservoirs just sits in place, there is a fixing kit but I haven't found it necessary. Scuttle cover again just sits in place and is held by the rubber seal across the front of the bulkhead.

That's a smokin motor :)

Have you considered a honeycomb facelift grill?

Here are some pics of mine in this thread, before the new grill was fitted :-

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339786&page=4

Cheers, it looks well when it's clean....problem is keeping it that way :rolleyes:
Honeycomb grille is on my constantly growing to do list :D.
Hadn't seen the pics of yours before, looks good [B)]
Like the wheels powder coated, considered doing mine but if I did I'd probably want the roof rails, window trims etc done to match so decided to leave mine as they are.....for now at least :rolleyes:

ajf3011

Jan 30, 2015
Burnham
Can you confirm the part numbers for the engine bay parts please? I've got mine on order from TPS hopefully turn up tomorrow but am slightly worried ive got the wrong part numbers

No problem Dave

Scuttle panel: 8E2 819 447 01 C
Battery Cover: 8E2 819 422 AO 1C
Screenwash bottle cover: 8E0 103 927 F
Rubber gasket: 8E0 823 731 B

I also ordered 8E0 823 723 B, which is the rubber seal across the front of the bulkhead and cut this in two to fit either side of the bulkhead just to finish it off.

Dave_Exeo

Mar 11, 2015
N.Wales
No problem Dave

Scuttle panel: 8E2 819 447 01 C
Battery Cover: 8E2 819 422 AO 1C
Screenwash bottle cover: 8E0 103 927 F
Rubber gasket: 8E0 823 731 B

I also ordered 8E0 823 723 B, which is the rubber seal across the front of the bulkhead and cut this in two to fit either side of the bulkhead just to finish it off.

Bugger the code ive ordered for the screen wash bottle cover is 8e0 103 927 DO 1c. That's the only part number that's different.

seafar99

Feb 20, 2015
Scotland
Sorry Dave but the one you've ordered is the wrong one, it's very similar but just doesn't quite fit, how do I know? Because I made the same mistake, took it back today to Audi while picking up the ECU cover. Close but just not close enough.

Dave_Exeo

Mar 11, 2015
N.Wales
Sorry Dave but the one you've ordered is the wrong one, it's very similar but just doesn't quite fit, how do I know? Because I made the same mistake, took it back today to Audi while picking up the ECU cover. Close but just not close enough.

Great will have to get it canceled tomorrow and reorder the right one. Hopefully it's not too late

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.