kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Been discussed on here at length. Only way to get updates (if you are UK based) is let the dealer relieve you of £150 or so.
Technology eh?

That always assumes the stealer knows what they are doing.

My local stealer first told me the card would work by just plugging it in.

Then after I showed them the instructions said they would need to find out how to do it and would ring me back.

Still waiting !!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
well if it was 10 mins ago. thats fair enough. a few months ago. not so much ;)

Last contact - Early April !!!!!!

I had contacted Seat Customer Services about the fact that my maps were only V4 on a 2015 registered car.

They agreed to supply a V6 free of charge and instruct the dealer to install it.

The dealer didn't know how to install it and said they would find out.

I have pushed it back to Seat Customer Services to sort out.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Bit of an update, similar to your situation Deano.

I made the above post after test driving what i now own (leon SC SE 2.0TDI).

Noticed that the map didnt have alot of the road changes around my area, and there has been a lot of changes. A friend gave me brand new V6 2015 Maps, still factory sealed as he bought them but then got rid of the car. I plugged the SD card in and it came it eventually with a message saying the data on the SD card was not valid. I put the V3 card back in, same message

Now waiting on call back from the dealer, they have submitted a technical query given that its a bank holiday weekend they wont get a reply until Tuesday now.

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
2010 Cupra sat nav upgrade to V6

Hello all
On that note. I have a seat Cupra 2010. I don't understand the logic of the way the sat nav works. Surely post codes are the best way. It works for the Garmin and Tom Tom way before they were commonplace in cars. It is also so bloody frustrating that you have to update anyway. Money making. You pay so much for the car anyway. There should be live updates like you would get on a ps3. Rip off.
Anyway the reason why i am posting, i remind myself, is that i would like to know if there is a specific sd card upgrade for my sat nav unit(2.1). As bad my my sat nav is i do not want to crash what i got with something off Ebay that does not work. Please help. I'm trying to avoid giving £150 to a Stealerdealer.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hello all
On that note. I have a seat Cupra 2010. I don't understand the logic of the way the sat nav works. Surely post codes are the best way. It works for the Garmin and Tom Tom way before they were commonplace in cars. It is also so bloody frustrating that you have to update anyway. Money making. You pay so much for the car anyway. There should be live updates like you would get on a ps3. Rip off.
Anyway the reason why i am posting, i remind myself, is that i would like to know if there is a specific sd card upgrade for my sat nav unit(2.1). As bad my my sat nav is i do not want to crash what i got with something off Ebay that does not work. Please help. I'm trying to avoid giving £150 to a Stealerdealer.

You need to post in the Mk2 section, Mk3 systems are different. Later Mk2 models were capable of full postcode input.

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Last contact - Early April !!!!!!

I had contacted Seat Customer Services about the fact that my maps were only V4 on a 2015 registered car.

They agreed to supply a V6 free of charge and instruct the dealer to install it.

The dealer didn't know how to install it and said they would find out.

I have pushed it back to Seat Customer Services to sort out.
Hi Deano don't know if you sorted this but if they just get v6 off the parts etka it will not work I've had this issue sales just willy-nilly taking higher versions out of cars.. what they need to do is order the update from epac and it comes with activation code then they need to install it via special functions on odis

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
If like to know who's bloody idea it was to make the process of updating maps so stupidly difficult and expensive

Sent from my LG G Flex2

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi Deano don't know if you sorted this but if they just get v6 off the parts etka it will not work I've had this issue sales just willy-nilly taking higher versions out of cars.. what they need to do is order the update from epac and it comes with activation code then they need to install it via special functions on odis

Not sorted yet.

Yes they have the version with the code ( seen it myself )

No - they have not yet worked out how to code it to the car and I have no intention of them turning my satnav in to a house brick whilst they practice.

Watch this space !!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
If like to know who's bloody idea it was to make the process of updating maps so stupidly difficult and expensive

Sent from my LG G Flex2

It is their way of trying to pay for the FREE tech pack in the UK - the UK satnav's don't get mapshare so you can't do the upload yourself.

Similar to the old tomtom satnav map map upgrades at £70 a pop.

Last edited:

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Not sorted yet.

Yes they have the version with the code ( seen it myself )

No - they have not yet worked out how to code it to the car and I have no intention of them turning my satnav in to a house brick whilst they practice.

Watch this space !!
Stupid pal it's straightforward they need to do this in odis open guided fault finding and in the special functions tab it's in there i will get you a screen shot Monday then you can take it into them

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Stupid pal it's straightforward they need to do this in odis open guided fault finding and in the special functions tab it's in there i will get you a screen shot Monday then you can take it into them

Cheers - that should help.

No wonder seat stealers are rated so low with this kind of stuff.

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Cheers - that should help.

No wonder seat stealers are rated so low with this kind of stuff.
Does my head in pal I've been with the vag group 22 years and take pride in what I do. The dealerships I've worked in have good focus on training. Being at the level I am I get chance and time to focus on sorting customers complaints, and problems. Most of the other techs in the workshop are constantly badgered to focus on hours. If I get a mk 3 in on Monday I will deffo get them screen shots for you ;)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
By any chance you using the dealer that has just changed hands in Preston

Correct

Fantastic deal on the car that I couldn't resist.
Excellent treatment by the sales guy and great communications.

Then I requested the satnav maps upgrade when I realised the 2015 registered car should have had V6 maps.
Seat customer care agreed and said they would sort it with the stealer

And then the saga started.

Last edited:

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Correct

Fantastic deal on the car that I couldn't resist.
Excellent treatment by the sales guy and great communications.

Then I requested the satnav maps upgrade when I realised the 2015 registered car should have had V6 maps.
Seat customer care agreed and said they would sort it with the stealer

And then the saga started.
As I said I would pal screen shots
e83a98130c9d952eedc0c0338985b9e9.jpg
2ab4ed16d372360ea05c4ef197030866.jpg

The mouse pointer is showing the box and line they need to select hope this helps they just need to follow instructions and put pins in when req ;)

Last edited:

j.k22

Jun 23, 2015
How do you go about finding the version of your maps?

I just picked my car up today and would like to know before he does a check up call ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.