• Bank loan

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Manufacture HP

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

Madhatter

Jul 4, 2014
Sat on arse
I build a big ass spreadsheet and work out whatever is cheapest until warranty runs out, cash, pcp, lease or remortgage. At the moment it is a personal lease based on my mileage and needs. Yes I don't own it but I don't want to own something that is losing money and I can chop it in in 3 yrs for hopefully a cupra 400 or similar, wishful thinking. Done the 2nd hand car game and cash purchase in the past. Imo it doesn't stack up today.

Popeye_ali

May 13, 2016
I build a big ass spreadsheet and work out whatever is cheapest until warranty runs out, cash, pcp, lease or remortgage. At the moment it is a personal lease based on my mileage and needs. Yes I don't own it but I don't want to own something that is losing money and I can chop it in in 3 yrs for hopefully a cupra 400 or similar, wishful thinking. Done the 2nd hand car game and cash purchase in the past. Imo it doesn't stack up today.

Agreed. I wouldn't own a depreciating asset. My lease deal is £273pm for 24 months with 3 month deposit for a ST 290 at 8000 miles per annum
2 years I believe works best for the milage I do as I should be able to hand back on the original tyres (if iam no stupid) and shouldn't need to pay for the first service according to my dealer as PCH on long life servicing regime. Not a bad deal for a 30k car!
3 year lease would definitely require a service and tyres so may aswell use some of that money you would have to spend anyway against the deposit for the next one in 2 years time. No brainer

Last edited:

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
I entered as Manufacturer Finance but only because the deal was £1000.00 off if you took out finance and to cap it all 0% finance for 3 years so no brainer, I will own the car after the 3 years or if I decide to change it will just pay off the finance balance. I really fancy the new Ateca but only if I can get a decent spec and the ACT engine with DSG which may become available after launch.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Bank loan and bought outright. Every intention of keeping it beyond the life of the loan.

PCP / lease deals, too weighted in dealers favour and too many ways for dealer to massage figures to make sure you pay depreciation for them.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
I saved my money. I once borrowed £1500 (1 year loan) to buy a 7 year old Fiesta back in 1996 and with a fair chunk coming off my meagre wages every month I decided "never again". So from that moment on, every car I have bought has been saved for. So cash (sometimes plus trade in) has been the way ever since.

The car's called Dignity by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I saved my money. I once borrowed £1500 (1 year loan) to buy a 7 year old Fiesta back in 1996 and with a fair chunk coming off my meagre wages every month I decided "never again". So from that moment on, every car I have bought has been saved for. So cash (sometimes plus trade in) has been the way ever since.

The car's called Dignity by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Best way by far if possible.

nautix

Aug 28, 2015
PCP for me. Have the final payment already in the bank getting (some) interest whilst I enjoy 3 years of interest free credit. Don't think PCP is best option if you plan to give car back but my Cupra ST is definitely a long term keeper!!! Simply can't fault it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members