Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
S3 set up calipers, carriers, discs and pads, I upgrade the brake hoses for Hel hoses but the standard hoses are fine.
Discs are 310mm vented over the 286mm solid discs, and the piston in the calipers is slightly bigger but I can't remember specs. You don't need to change the hubs.
Not sure why the Scirocco needs the hubs I thought they would be the same.

To my knowledge the scirroco R is a step up again, with the disc being 335mm(ish) and vented, I know the hubs make for a wider track

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
To my knowledge the scirroco R is a step up again, with the disc being 335mm(ish) and vented, I know the hubs make for a wider track

Ok I don't know much about the Scirocco R, didn't realise they were 335mm and think the ttrs/rs3 is 335mm.
I'm sure I've read somewhere you can change the the S3 carriers for the VW Phantom carriers and run 335mm discs, but don't quote me on that.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Ok I don't know much about the Scirocco R, didn't realise they were 335mm and think the ttrs/rs3 is 335mm.
I'm sure I've read somewhere you can change the the S3 carriers for the VW Phantom carriers and run 335mm discs, but don't quote me on that.

The S3 bolt on kit seems less hassle and expense

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
What turbo do the 280 cupra R have? Just wondering how the golf R can get 400 bhp and more with not too much effort. I'm guessing head flow, and intake and exhaust manifolds as well as cam lobe profiles. Would also be different.

As for Ron rating it makes a huge difference to the golf R anyway. Tunning company near me has a golf R, their own car, which runs 360bhp on 95 and solid 400 or bit more on 98 Ron.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
The S3 bolt on kit seems less hassle and expense

Yeah, It's a straight forward swap, and you can pick up full second hand kits for £200-£300. From what I can remember I think I paid £250 for mine S3 set up. Then refurbed them red to match the Brembos on the front.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
What turbo do the 280 cupra R have? Just wondering how the golf R can get 400 bhp and more with not too much effort. I'm guessing head flow, and intake and exhaust manifolds as well as cam lobe profiles. Would also be different.

As for Ron rating it makes a huge difference to the golf R anyway. Tunning company near me has a golf R, their own car, which runs 360bhp on 95 and solid 400 or bit more on 98 Ron.

Have confused your self with the newr mk3 Cupra/mk7R ?

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
APR stage 2+ uploaded thursday at Awesome, my car made on the rolling road, 348.9bhp 368.5ft-lbs.

With your modlist I expected much better results... Something is wrong
I have Leon mk2 Cupra R (-10) with APR Stage 1+ software. My results are 388 BHP and 461 Nm (~340ft-lb). Now car runs extremely good:lol:

Tested in MAHA dyno, all tests are made in same dyno. Stock result was 271 BHP & 347 Nm.

apr stage 1+ software
loba hpfp
revo high flow intake system
milltek non-resonated catback
everything else is stock

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I spoke to Awesome about the figures, they said if I didn't tell them it was running on Vpower, they will have just ran the 95ron map on the rollers.
Anyhow I can't remember if I said or not and by the sounds of it they don't keep a record.
I've used the map switching to switch to the 98ron but it was first time using the switching and didn't realise I could of worked out it was on the 95 map or not.
In the mean time I've ordered the parts to make a boost leak tester and Ross-Tech VCDS to do data logging.