seat have released some software updates

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Silly question maybe but can the Nav read the .rar file which is downloaded or does it have to be unzipped

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
so anyone that has access to or had downloaded the file going to be kind enough to upload it somewhere for the rest of us to benefit from?

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
actually looking at the files, these are purely bluetooth radio firmware updates. they have nothing in them relating to the software of the head unit.

i kinda wanted the performance dials. guess i'll have to continue using torque on my phone instead.

dmcer

Jan 9, 2015
SE
Something that has always bugged my about my Leon is that BT audio such as voice prompts from google maps will not interrupt what I am currently listening to without selecting BT as an audio source. It has done on rare occasions, so I always thought it was a bug.

Can anyone confirm that the update will fix this issue?

Many thanks :)

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Bit of a bump, but still! I'm thinking of getting a Leon, and was looking at a 63 plate SE with the standard 5" screen and no Tech Pack (so no nav). I rented a Polo last summer on holiday with the basic colour touchscreen, which I think is pretty much the same unit, and it had full Bluetooth track listings, and pulled over all the data so you could select tracks etc. However, the Polo has the updated MIB2 units, which the earlier Leons (and other MQB cars) don't have until MY16. My mum had an Octavia as a courtesy car while her Superb was in the garage and it didn't do that level of Bluetooth connectivity, but I don't know if that was due to old software or old hardware.

So, does this update add this kind of streaming, where you can select the tracks?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
dfg8x4.jpg

jq6wsg.jpg

4160 was the old version ;)

I tried to do this today.

My B/T is 4160, downloaded the 350 file.

When initially plugging in the USB containing the data it flashes up software download.

but when I go into update software it says no data can be found [:@]

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
german link above.

I'm going to try again later, I unzipped on ChromeOS I think its not unzipped correctly so will unzip later on Linux.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Can't get this to work at all, I plug the USB in it flashes up "software download" and then does nothing.

If i go to both the update sections (one in settings and one in service menu) it won't do anything.

The one in the service menu mentions it can't read the metainfo2.txt file even though its there.

Robschach

Feb 5, 2017
Newbie alert

Hey folks. I'm totally new here and as of yesterday a proud own of a 2013 mk3 Leon. Now it's just the basic one with the Media System Touch Colour system but I was wanting to see if the system is up to date but have no luck finding info so far really or even sure what info is relevant to my system.

Could anyone help me please?

Part number: 5F0035869B
Hardware version: 180
Software version: 0161
Bluetooth version:C840

Cheers!

Behemoth Irl

Jul 12, 2016
Updating to Media Link or Hacking the system

HI guys,

Is it possible to upload or reinstall the software so you gain Full link or anything?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.