seat have released some software updates

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Any dealer can remove component protection but I was told by MQB Coding that even if you remove the CP it still wont work properly and will need to be sent off to be "hacked"

That's true.

Also - Just seen your car on eBay. Any reason for selling up?

page3

Dec 25, 2015
Anyone know what the current versions are for a 2016 Leon FR (Tech pack). My car was serviced yesterday and I was expecting at least a few software upgrades, but versions are still all the same.

Hardware: H24
Software: 0245
Navigation database: 6P0919866D
ECE 2016
Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

I was hoping for full-link updates to help with CarPlay glitches.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Anyone know what the current versions are for a 2016 Leon FR (Tech pack). My car was serviced yesterday and I was expecting at least a few software upgrades, but versions are still all the same.

Hardware: H24
Software: 0245
Navigation database: 6P0919866D
ECE 2016
Media Codec: 2101.0.0.10

I was hoping for full-link updates to help with CarPlay glitches.
I've had mine since 2014, don't think it's had a software update to headunit yet (couple of services).

While it can be updated, it doesn't seem SEAT update it often.

GarryW1305

'16 Leon ST 2.0 TDi 184FR
Feb 20, 2015
Woking, Surrey
I've had mine since 2014, don't think it's had a software update to headunit yet (couple of services).

While it can be updated, it doesn't seem SEAT update it often.

I picked up my 2016 Leon FR w/Tech pack and Full Link last weekend. Whilst the dealer was showing me how to work all the media system he said that "the next update will allow wireless connection for to Full Link so you don't have to plug your phone in to work Apple CarPlay".

I know he could just be saying it and he didn't mention when that might be, but fingers crossed as it pains me so far to have to charge my phone whenever I want to use CarPlay.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
I picked up my 2016 Leon FR w/Tech pack and Full Link last weekend. Whilst the dealer was showing me how to work all the media system he said that "the next update will allow wireless connection for to Full Link so you don't have to plug your phone in to work Apple CarPlay".

I know he could just be saying it and he didn't mention when that might be, but fingers crossed as it pains me so far to have to charge my phone whenever I want to use CarPlay.

Your dealer is correct. Since iOS9 the ability for wireless CarPlay has been possible. But the set up so far is for CarPlay communicating with your iPhone via the USB cable.

Reference: www.macrumors.com/roundup/carplay/#wireless_carplay

We are starting to see wireless charging ports being designed into cars (i.e. the Ateca, etc) so I presume SEAT, VW, etc will change the set up to a wireless connection once they can all offer wireless changing. Hopefully existing CarPlay installations can be updated (software) to give us this option.

hstjern

Dec 19, 2006
Stockholm (currently)
The dealer must have meant that the next facelift or Leon will support Wireless Carplay.
Wireless Carplay requires a WIFI connection and as far as I know none of the pre-facelift Leons offers that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.