what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
d0debd79cf40a3f5a2be34d8af725dee.jpg

Took my 280 for some warranty work and happened to be there when the dealer's new 300 was being prepped for the showroom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm starting to warm to the new front bumpers

Miguel 7

R ST
Jan 23, 2017
I didnt like them at first but yeah..starting to like them, especially with the lights on. But still not as aggressive as the pre lift. ;-)

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
Visited a couple of local repair shops, as after having my car washed it became apparent that someone has scratched the paint on my tailgate and silver is visible at the deepest part :censored:

Quoted is £160+VAT to have it resprayed at one bodyshop and £300+VAT at another!

Although I stumbled across an advert for ChipsAway SMART repairs :shrug:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Today we replaced the rear boot jacks. What a great cheap way to add a fantastic feature to your car. They should be selling these in the show rooms. Also attempted to fit red leds in the footwells but on opening up the bulb casing I found it to be something more resembling a circuit board than a bulb. Anyone have any experience with this problem? The car did come with interior leds fitted.

Do you have 5 door or SC? I've just fit mine but they're not working as intended and I feel like it may be due to mine being SC

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
It may something about my level of maturity but I laughed out loud when I tried the boot after fitting them - up it popped like my old A4 used to do and which I missed a bunch for the same reason as you Ben - have very nearly keyed my car on more than one occasion doing the same as you with shopping

Do you have a 5 door? I just fit them to my SC and it's not working and fear it may be due to size? :(

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Visited a couple of local repair shops, as after having my car washed it became apparent that someone has scratched the paint on my tailgate and silver is visible at the deepest part :censored:

Quoted is £160+VAT to have it resprayed at one bodyshop and £300+VAT at another!

Although I stumbled across an advert for ChipsAway SMART repairs :shrug:

I wouldn't recommend ChipsAway for body work! I've used them in the past on my ibiza and you could easily tell where it had been resprayed. [:@]

My advice to you is pay the extra and get a good job done.

SteveFR

Dec 7, 2016
Bucks
I wouldn't recommend ChipsAway for body work! I've used them in the past on my ibiza and you could easily tell where it had been resprayed. [:@]

My advice to you is pay the extra and get a good job done.

Cheers for the feedback.

I did stumble across SEAT Touch Up Paint Sticks on eBay but guess that'd be the cheapest and worst option of the lot!

Guess I'll have to take the hit at some point... or just not wash the tailgate, so the scratch doesn't show :think:

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Cheers for the feedback.

I did stumble across SEAT Touch Up Paint Sticks on eBay but guess that'd be the cheapest and worst option of the lot!

Guess I'll have to take the hit at some point... or just not wash the tailgate, so the scratch doesn't show :think:

Go to local car dealership, have a look at the used cars on the forecourt. Ask the service manager who does the touch ups on the used vehicles and what day he comes in.

Most dealers will use an independent who fixes scratches around the back by the service bay or wash bay...they don't put used cars through their own bodyshops. Meet they guy and get a price for cash, mine cost 80 quid to put a nastly scratch right and mop out a surface one down three panels caused by a tree branch in the gales winds

I have my cars done this way and I also use a paintless dent repairer for panel bruises

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
2e9a923cd0cf52007e93e8daf962491f.jpg

Had a bit of a play around with some headlight tinting film as well....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Went for a cruise and kerbed the damn wheel on my week old car. Bound to happen eventually, I noticed the Cupra 19" Alloy seems to stick out further than the tyre does.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise