what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

And to be boring the rules of the site say "
Forum image privacy When posting images of privately owned vehicles, such as forum members cars, please ensure the vehicle registration plates are blanked out using a suitable photo editing package such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, for example, if your unable to do this yourself, speak to one of the admins/moderators or another experienced forum member who maybe able to offer advice or help you to do this. Pictures not following this privacy rule will be removed."

will8391

Feb 20, 2014
Manchester
Took my 2014 280 for its first MOT at the weekend which it passed. However an advisory came back regarding brake discs. They are scored and pitted but there is plenty of meat still left on the pads, according to the mechanic, stones and grit have been going around them. He said leave the discs till you next change your brake pads but this could be another 18 months down the line as its not a high milage car. So my question to the community is would you change both the discs and pad now or wait?

P.S I have been quoted from SEAT stealer 299 all in for both discs and pads....

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
I would change them. Never cut corners with brakes and 299 is a reasonable price for a dealer to do the job.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
2017 fr

Few shots from today with my new 2017 FR
IMG_8352.jpg

IMG_8347.jpg

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8331.jpg

IMG_8328.jpg

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Damn them angles! Still not a fan of the 2017 front but those alloys and that colour look so menacing together! Looks real nice

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Took my 2014 280 for its first MOT at the weekend which it passed. However an advisory came back regarding brake discs. They are scored and pitted but there is plenty of meat still left on the pads, according to the mechanic, stones and grit have been going around them. He said leave the discs till you next change your brake pads but this could be another 18 months down the line as its not a high milage car. So my question to the community is would you change both the discs and pad now or wait?

P.S I have been quoted from SEAT stealer 299 all in for both discs and pads....

MOT pass means the brakes all work and meet spec.

Change the lot together when your pads wear down.

Do you notice noise on braking? does the car pull to one side?

Grit and stones are a fact of life. the pads are softer than the disks and will wear to match the grooves in the disks

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Few shots from today with my new 2017 FR

IMG_8342.jpg

LED cornering Fogs? Is high beam 4 extra LED modules, dipped beam also rasies up?

So if on High beam and Fogs, 24 LED modules light up? That's a lot of LEDs ahaha..

Are those stock FR rims? Looks very Cupra to me...

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
LED cornering Fogs? Is high beam 4 extra LED modules, dipped beam also rasies up?

So if on High beam and Fogs, 24 LED modules light up? That's a lot of LEDs ahaha..

Are those stock FR rims? Looks very Cupra to me...

Cornering fogs are LED yes.

They are Cupra black line 19".

will8391

Feb 20, 2014
Manchester
MOT pass means the brakes all work and meet spec.

Change the lot together when your pads wear down.

Do you notice noise on braking? does the car pull to one side?

Grit and stones are a fact of life. the pads are softer than the disks and will wear to match the grooves in the disks

There is no noise and it doesn't pull to one side. Am I just being a bit paranoid..... :cry:

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
After five days of owning my new Cupra ST 290, I finally got to drive it on some country b roads through Bewdley to Ludlow. My FR 150 was pretty nimble and confidence inspiring and really quite a fast car, but the Cupra is a whole new level of grip and handling. I was chasing a motorbike through fairly tight, downhill blind bends and with the Diff and DCC in Cupra mode, it just stuck with the bike. Must have been doing 80ish around some of them and there was no loss of traction or anything. I slowed down after a few corners as although I think I'm a very capable driver who's never crashed, I want to learn my car a lot more first. And the brakes are just ridiculously strong.

But other than that, on the drive across Birmingham to Solihull for work is completely mundane and simple. Feels like two cars in one.

Oh, and is it normal for people to look at your car admiringly when you pull up at lights?

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Took my 280 for some warranty work and happened to be there when the dealer's new 300 was being prepped for the showroom.
Really don't like the new alloys with the black inserts - think they'd look better with gun metal grey to better show off the design but I guess horses for courses.
8fdbcfd563b9b8fd07a2c68b0440b57a.jpg
1b5dec38f7a5e6cca0386bd84bf7183e.jpg
8f3e6d6da7e72b7880dc49aaaf1a205a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.