Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Nope, no rubbing at all. And often play taxi to a car full... including luggage! I'd have to check for sure, but I think the back are 20mm and the front 10mm just from looking.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I know how to show a girl a good time:

ecDpuMV.jpg

Sub finally refitted... and what a difference it makes! Especially as ramping the bass up made the built in speakers crackle :(

mWQPiAA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bigT's lcr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Try getting under a lowered car with 19" wheels to take a pic!

O9J9B0h.jpg

Eibach ARBs (26/23) fitted along with Super Pro antilift. Was uming and aring about the antilift given some opinions of them not being worth it. But have to say they are brilliant. They really keep the nose of the car flat under acceleration which not only feels better, I didn't expect more traction. But since purchasing I've been suffering the traction control light a lot. Its massively reduced after fitting this.

TBH, the H&R ARBs were the best thing I ever bought for the FR. Strangely, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between stock and the Eibachs. Although I haven't had a chance to push it that hard cornering yet.

n9YW72o.jpg

1NnV4JQ.jpg

Then spent 3 hours cleaning the interior...

5I1sQvp.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Front tyres done:

AGFL3gw.jpg

Stripey! Stripey!

bUaMctS.jpg

Really made a difference to the handling, but now kind of wishing I'd done the back too... but 4mm still on the back. Not sure if I have the energy to swap em round.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Finally some decent weather to try these out:

dgMXjhp.jpg

Glaze applied:

45Xnlf2.jpg

Then wax:

qft8zJE.jpg

All finished... really pleased with the result... did the headlights also and really pleased with how they came out:

f09ah6q.jpg

uFtAP9p.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Trip to MidlandVW @ the weekend. Full service, gearbox oil, cam follower, new N80... and:

sN2zScl.jpg

Its weird, like having a minivac in the glove box. But I was :D all the way home. Especially pleased it only makes a noise during boost. So doesn't annoy me in traffic.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Somedays I think to myself why... just why:

JNl2tkb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparkie

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Finally some decent weather to try these out:

IMG_20170326_094905982_zpsdiupxyaa.jpg

Glaze applied:

Glaze_zpst1guldrs.jpg

Then wax:

Wax_zps7ygrzr0g.jpg

All finished... really pleased with the result... did the headlights also and really pleased with how they came out:

Poorboy_zpsdnry2ief.jpg

Front_zpsaqdiokjj.jpg

I love the Poorboys gear. Gives the car a lovely wet glossy look.

Really shows the depth of the paint too.

Somedays I think to myself why... just why:

IMG_20170508_143605040_zps1tfsaex9.jpg

Sure some people do that just to be annoying! I find myself parking over two spaces more and more lately.

I've just had 4 Rainsport 3's fitted, used to have just two on the front. I must say its made the right a lot quieter and even more surprising the wheel I thought needed a new bearing was just a very very loud cheap tyre lol.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I love the Poorboys gear. Gives the car a lovely wet glossy look.

Really shows the depth of the paint too.

Sure some people do that just to be annoying! I find myself parking over two spaces more and more lately.

I've just had 4 Rainsport 3's fitted, used to have just two on the front. I must say its made the right a lot quieter and even more surprising the wheel I thought needed a new bearing was just a very very loud cheap tyre lol.

Black Hole / Natty Blue is my new regular replacement for SRP / HD Wax. I love the finish on the Poorboys. Just find I have to apply it more often than I did with the Autoglym. But as I wash the car every 1-2 weeks no hardship. Gave it another wash after getting back from the garage.

:) I particularly like the way the guy was over the lines on my side, even though I parked practically in the hedge!

I'm due rear tyres soon :( if I wasn't so lazy, I'd have swapped the new fronts onto the back. Think I'll probably stick with the RS3. I think their hard to beat for the money, especially at 19".

Also tried the new Autoglym tyre gel. Think I'm liking it compared to the spray:

Fpgu0yV.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh... and in other news got all 4 of my stainless steel blue dust caps stolen whilst shopping. [:@] Back to plastic ones for me!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Oh... and in other news got all 4 of my stainless steel blue dust caps stolen whilst shopping. [:@] Back to plastic ones for me!
B'stards [:@]:censored:[:@]
Car looks fantastic, really love that colour on the R. Nice one. :D

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
B'stards [:@]:censored:[:@]
Car looks fantastic, really love that colour on the R. Nice one. :D

Ye. I know its only dust caps. But am really nervous about parking my car at the moment wondering if they'll come back for summat else. Plus the thought someones been all round my car whilst I was away isn't pleasant.

Cheers. Originally I had a bit of buyers remorse paying extra for the R. But its really grown on me. Although, frickin 19" wheels! I can't sweep round in the street anymore like I could with the 18". I have to go to the next island and turn round. :D

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Ye. I know its only dust caps. But am really nervous about parking my car at the moment wondering if they'll come back for summat else. Plus the thought someones been all round my car whilst I was away isn't pleasant.

Cheers. Originally I had a bit of buyers remorse paying extra for the R. But its really grown on me. Although, frickin 19" wheels! I can't sweep round in the street anymore like I could with the 18". I have to go to the next island and turn round. :D
I know what you mean about the 19's. Coming from an 18" shod FR the missus found it a lot harder to park (it was her daily) and , when on the OEM Pirelli's, had several side wall failures due to potholes [:@] she also managed to clatter one on a kerb and caught the spokes, not the rim edge, I was livid... Then I did the same thing :whistle:
Still miss it, just thinking about it brings a smile to my face. :D

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
Cheers.

Over the weekend managed to update Satnav... yay!

And better still Revo Stage 1 @ MidlandVW... :D

Sorry to hijack your car thread.

Was just wondering if you had done the updates yourself using an SD card purchased from eBay?

Thinking of buying one from the same seller you mentioned in another thread for my FR+. Just a bit dubious as it is £42 delivered which is a fraction of the cost that SEAT charge. Did you have any issues?

Cheers.

Chris.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Was just wondering if you had done the updates yourself using an SD card purchased from eBay?

Thinking of buying one from the same seller you mentioned in another thread for my FR+. Just a bit dubious as it is £42 delivered which is a fraction of the cost that SEAT charge. Did you have any issues?

I've bought SD card updates from that seller for the FR+ and also for the Cupra and both worked without issue. Yeah, they are cheap, but keep in mind I've not bought the latest version... I'm usually 6 months to a year behind. But better than the 2011 maps that were originally on my Cupra. I usually wait for a new version to come out and use that to get the previous version cheaper.

chriskeegan

Seat Leon FR+
May 14, 2017
Kent
I've bought SD card updates from that seller for the FR+ and also for the Cupra and both worked without issue. Yeah, they are cheap, but keep in mind I've not bought the latest version... I'm usually 6 months to a year behind. But better than the 2011 maps that were originally on my Cupra. I usually wait for a new version to come out and use that to get the previous version cheaper.

Iv taken the plunge and purchased this for £42!

ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-SKODA-SEAT-RNS-315-AMUNDSEN-V9-SD-CARD-UK-WEST-EUROPE-MAP-UPDATE-2017-/152475895699?hash=item2380458793%3Ag%3AcgMAAOSw44BYgguJ&_trkparms=pageci%253A152818ad-3a3b-11e7-9104-74dbd180cbcf%257Cparentrq%253A116f0b1615c0abd9a733ae04fffdffb8%257Ciid%253A1

From a trusted seller and it has good feedback for the exact same item so fingers crossed!

Chris.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.