Options affecting Leon lead times

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Evening all. Just after a bit of information from those who have recently bought a facelifted leon. I am due to get mine ordered tomorrow but want to know if the afdition of parking sensors is likely to dramatically change the lead time for the car. I am in a tight spot and need the car sooner rather than later.

Cheers
Nick

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
As far as I am aware, the main things that will affect the lead time are the 1.4 EcoTSI engine (the 125ps engine apparently is fine) and the 18" machined alloys.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Yeh i read a bit about the alloys. Seems strange that it would speed production up though!

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Ordered an ST couple of weeks ago -1.8 petrol DSG. 12 -15 weeks wait.

1.4 engine approx 32 weeks wait!

Ours will come with 18" alloys as the 17" aren't available apparently.

We were told that we could change the colour and add auto lights & wipers up to a month before it gets built and it wouldn't change the delivery date.

OP - If you need the car asap might be worth trying Corwow for quotes on cars available now.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
I bit the bullet and ordered the FR today. Been told 12-14 weeks which is fine for me. Got the front sensors/camera pack in but didnt stray too far into the options list

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
I ordered an ST 1.8 tsi DSG 18 inch performance alloys, adaptive cruise, space saver spare wheel, convenience pack in urban silver. Its getting delivered on Thursday 10th exactly 10 weeks from placing order through drive the deal to delivery. Local dealers could not get within 2k of DTD price. Getting excited.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I ordered an ST 1.8 tsi DSG 18 inch performance alloys, adaptive cruise, space saver spare wheel, convenience pack in urban silver. Its getting delivered on Thursday 10th exactly 10 weeks from placing order through drive the deal to delivery. Local dealers could not get within 2k of DTD price. Getting excited.

Really hoping mine comes as quick as that, even if the factory is on a summer break. Placed my order through DTD as well - local dealer was £3k more! Dealer has quoted 23 weeks on order form, hoping will be much less

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
Really hoping mine comes as quick as that, even if the factory is on a summer break. Placed my order through DTD as well - local dealer was £3k more! Dealer has quoted 23 weeks on order form, hoping will be much less

Dealer initially quoted me 21 weeks but all happened much quicker. Could have waited a few more weeks for a 67 reg but decided to get it now. Asked for a discount but dealer said that they dont make a penny off DTD cars its only to get their sales up for bonuses from Seat. My local dealers said that it was impossible to sell me a car at that price. 2k better in my pocket thank you. Good luck on your new car, what colour have you gone for, it took me ages on the configurator to decide but opted for urban silver.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Dealer initially quoted me 21 weeks but all happened much quicker. Could have waited a few more weeks for a 67 reg but decided to get it now. Asked for a discount but dealer said that they dont make a penny off DTD cars its only to get their sales up for bonuses from Seat. My local dealers said that it was impossible to sell me a car at that price. 2k better in my pocket thank you. Good luck on your new car, what colour have you gone for, it took me ages on the configurator to decide but opted for urban silver.

My dealer said the same thing, said best they could do was give me the money they'd have paid carwow, but they'd still have been thousands out.

Went for Monsoon Grey again with the new one - was debating going for Mystery Blue but decided to stick with what I know :D

Will probably change to black alloys and mirror caps after delivery to match my old one :p

Ive ordered the 1.8 dsg with only the rear view pack and park assistance

Good to hear! Now just got to play the waiting game like the rest of us!

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
My new Leon ST arrived today it was driven up from the dealer by a very considerate and careful chap who give me a very detailed 2 hour handover. Wow how things have moved on from my last car which was 8 years old. Im very impressed so far and a wash and wax to rid her of all the dead bugs from the journey up north.:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
I ordered a SEAT Leon FR 1.4ECOTSI in Mystery Blue with standard FR wheels in June. The dealer has only just got a confirmed build date which is week 49, early December. I'm not sure how long that build will take but the dealer said it'll be be another 4 weeks to ship it!! Crazy. Thinking of cancelling my order now, my current PCP contract expires by then. I can extend it but in the meantime I'll have to fork out for two new tyres, MOT and a major service.

From what I was told when I ordered it:

The standard lead time is 12-14 weeks
FR styling adds 8 weeks
The ECOTSI engine adds 8 weeks
A summer factory shut down adds/added 4 weeks.

And there you have it, 32/34 weeks, jeeze!

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
I ordered a SEAT Leon FR 1.4ECOTSI in Mystery Blue with standard FR wheels in June. The dealer has only just got a confirmed build date which is week 49, early December. I'm not sure how long that build will take but the dealer said it'll be be another 4 weeks to ship it!! Crazy. Thinking of cancelling my order now, my current PCP contract expires by then. I can extend it but in the meantime I'll have to fork out for two new tyres, MOT and a major service.

From what I was told when I ordered it:

The standard lead time is 12-14 weeks
FR styling adds 8 weeks
The ECOTSI engine adds 8 weeks
A summer factory shut down adds/added 4 weeks.

And there you have it, 32/34 weeks, jeeze!
What? You done the ordered in June and the car maybe just arrive in december? Is many time to waiting for a car.

Order mine in June, i wasn talk with the dealer yet but i hope mine coming in September/October.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
It won't be here in December, more likely March-April time.

If, like me, you ordered in June I'd be very shocked if you got an FR ECOTSI in December.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
It won't be here in December, more likely March-April time.

If, like me, you ordered in June I'd be very shocked if you got an FR ECOTSI in December.
My Dealer and in the contract when i ordered my car says 90 days total. I ordered in 20 June and by my accounts is arrives final of September/October.

If the term in the contract exceeds, what you guys do?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
My Dealer and in the contract when i ordered my car says 90 days total. I ordered in 20 June and by my accounts is arrives final of September/October.

If the term in the contract exceeds, what you guys do?

What have you ordered? Speak to the dealer, it may be that you have ordered something which doesn't have such a long lead time. As I mentioned, the FR styling and the ECOTSI engine added 16 weeks. The summer shut down added 4 weeks and was unavoidable when I ordered. The standard lead time is 12-14 weeks.

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
I ordered a Monsoon grey 1.8TSi FR 5 door with the newer 18 inch performance 30/3 alloys and the Alcantara pack on 18th July and was told 12 weeks (they said 20-24 weeks if I wanted the EcoTsi 1.4), I have heard from various sources that the lead times for the 5 door without the 1.4 has come down in the last month to under 10 weeks but not sure.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I ordered a Monsoon grey 1.8TSi FR 5 door with the newer 18 inch performance 30/3 alloys and the Alcantara pack on 18th July and was told 12 weeks (they said 20-24 weeks if I wanted the EcoTsi 1.4), I have heard from various sources that the lead times for the 5 door without the 1.4 has come down in the last month to under 10 weeks but not sure.

A few people on here have had theirs arrive in 10-12 weeks (without the 1.4 EcoTSI).

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
I ordered a 1.4 150 fr dsg middle of May and have just been given a build date of week 38 and a delivery beginning to mid October. Changed to 18" wheels as well to reduce the build time.