Changing the sound equalizer manually?

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Hi all i did a search for this first and found nowt so i apologise if its been asked before.

obviously since getting the car ive been setting stuff up how i want it. Now the good sony radio that came with my last car had simple sound settings for bass and treble. However im a bit mystified by the sound settings on my leon's easy connect system.

I have managed to find the option where there are slider bars for frequencies but after that im at a loss as i am not much of an audiophile. I've worked out the left most slider seems to do bass (or lower frequencies?) but im not so sure about the rest.

can anyone explain the sound setup sliders to a audio noob? how do you have yours setup?

cheers!

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Do you mean this?

Essentially, it gores from low bass on the left to high treble on the right. The middle one is mid range, if you increase it, it will make the vocals louder.

The photo shows my settings which I'm reasonable happy with. I find in a car you need to push them all up a little to create a more dynamic sound, but more so the bottom end and top end.

Not sure that's very audiophile, but it works for me :D[B)]

Edit: I have the Seat Sound System so yours may be different. Play around until you're happy.

Untitled-2_zpsqvwlch3l.jpg

Last edited:

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Andy thats great i really appreciate the picture there! ill give that a go on my Leon when i get a minute see how it sounds. Everyones ears are different so it might not be right for me but it sets me off tweaking now i understand it better, cheers!

Reactions: imc_uk

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Do you mean this?

Essentially, it gores from low bass on the left to high treble on the right. The middle one is mid range, if you increase it, it will make the vocals louder.

The photo shows my settings which I'm reasonable happy with. I find in a car you need to push them all up a little to create a more dynamic sound, but more so the bottom end and top end.

Not sure that's very audiophile, but it works for me :D[B)]

Edit: I have the Seat Sound System so yours may be different. Play around until you're happy.

Untitled-2_zpsqvwlch3l.jpg

Yes, thanks for that image. I've set mine to those levels and it finally sounds good. I've been faffing with them for a while now and never been 100% satisfied. I have an Ibiza with SEAT Sound.
Out of interest, what level do you have the Subwoofer set to? I think I've settled on 5...

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I have an Ibiza with SEAT Sound.
Out of interest, what level do you have the Subwoofer set to? I think I've settled on 5...

You don't by any chance know if Ibiza with Seat Sound (which I also have) is using the same amp as the Leon with Seat Sound do you? sans the centre channel? Any idea what's the amp power (if you know)?

I'm quite happy, with mine...but I only put sub on +3. I wonder if it makes a difference if my boot is full of stuff or not...

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Anybody found what they consider to be the perfect setting? Never played with my settings.

YorkshirePud

Apr 1, 2017
Merseyside
Anybody found what they consider to be the perfect setting? Never played with my settings.

I think a lot of that is down to your own choice, everyone hears stuff different and that changes as you get older.

Having said that the settings Andy295 provided are pretty damn good! will be giving it a good test on the motorway today with a few different genres
:funk:

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

I don't have the SSS but my EQ looks exactly the same as yours!

My son has just bought an Ibiza and he said that if you use the centred on driver function then manually move the focus to the left and back slightly it sounds much better. I'm going to have a try at that.

marinipersonal

Jan 1, 2017
Same question here, but unable to see the posted picture wih the settings. Would really appreciate, as I'm not really looking to upgrade and add the Sub yet.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Same question here, but unable to see the posted picture wih the settings. Would really appreciate, as I'm not really looking to upgrade and add the Sub yet.
The reason you can't see the pics is photobucket have changed the rules, the twunts, which means ,basically, pay a fee or don't see the links. A-holes. :censored:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The reason you can't see the pics is photobucket have changed the rules, the twunts, which means ,basically, pay a fee or don't see the links. A-holes. :censored:

Apparently they want something like 400 US$ a year from you to continue using Photobucket for image hosting.

On recommendation from a member on another forum, I now use Post Image;

http://postimages.org

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Don't forget the setting within the audio setup that adjusts the offset of the speakers... I set it to 'driver' and this makes the audio sound as if you are sitting in the middle of the speakers. And not to the right of centre..

8d85cc1c945341a7130a1d2d1d3072df.jpg

And for what it's worth my settings are.

78a7d6c012f1550e38995ed84e0b93f9.jpg

I don't find the sound boomy at all.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members