Options affecting Leon lead times

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Its possible I guess. I ordered a monsoon Grey ST FR Eco TSI with standard wheels, winter & convenience plus pack. Was originally told middle April delivery, which they improved upon by a month?

Was pleased to see it comes with the illuminated sill tread plates & 2 x Usb in rear cabin.

Very nice.

Yeah the illuminated sills are a really nice touch. I miss my Leon ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
If anyones interested build week 12 cars i believe are on 'Aquarius Ace'.

I am just awaiting confirmation of port arrival too and hoping car gets transported to my dealer in Aldershot early next week.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Think mine should be on that one too - had confirmation car was built 20th March (build week 12) but not been told what ship its on yet. What website do you use to track the ship? not that i can do anything to speed it up but it adds to the excitement!

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Think mine should be on that one too - had confirmation car was built 20th March (build week 12) but not been told what ship its on yet. What website do you use to track the ship? not that i can do anything to speed it up but it adds to the excitement!
I used an app called marine traffic. Ship is due into Sheerness tomorrow evening.

Anyone know how quickly cars are transported from docks to dealers. I would assume a few days to make space for next weeks shipment?

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Car is booked in next Wednesday via dealer with a Smart Repair to have scratches removed...

Wife thinks it was due to it being parked into some thorny bushes, as she could not view the front of the car due to it sitting in a bush!

Last edited:

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Mine still stuck at the port, apparently with a few others. Dealership has no idea why they haven’t moved for 2 weeks. Not looking likely to have the car by Easter. Dealer not pleased as they’re losing out on quarterly sales targets as a result. Lose lose alround. Easter road trip will have to be a final fling in the old car instead :(

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Mine still stuck at the port, apparently with a few others. Dealership has no idea why they haven’t moved for 2 weeks. Not looking likely to have the car by Easter. Dealer not pleased as they’re losing out on quarterly sales targets as a result. Lose lose alround. Easter road trip will have to be a final fling in the old car instead :(
Which port?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Afraid I didn't ask. Here's hoping they can sort something out, I don't care if the car isn't valeted - can do that myself.
Where did u order from then as there is 3 drop off ports sheerness for south, grimsby for north and tyne for scotland and borders

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Where did u order from then as there is 3 drop off ports sheerness for south, grimsby for north and tyne for scotland and borders

SEAT North Wales...so north or south I guess.

Last edited:

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Ordered start of Jan. Left on the boat today. Not sure what the ship name is.
World Spirit. Left Barcelona on the 27th. Arriving Sheerness April 5th/Grimsby April 6th/Tyne April 7th

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
World Spirit. Left Barcelona on the 27th. Arriving Sheerness April 5th/Grimsby April 6th/Tyne April 7th
Dammit beat me to it!!.... actually doesnt appear to arriving at barcelona until 30th

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I do have the unfair advantage of the full factory production schedule for 2018 ;)

I have no doubt you're correct. The dates we get are announced 3-4 weeks in advance, so are often a few days out.
Would be interesting to see that!!

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Dammit beat me to it!!.... actually doesnt appear to arriving at barcelona until 30th

Read my email properly and said vehicle in is transit from the Factory to the Port of Barcelona.

So could well be what you suggested.

Out interest how often do ships leave from Barcelona for Seat cars to the uk ?
Do they drive all the cars on to ship like you would on car ferry ?

Been watching some youtube videos of the Factory cars being built. Sad I know!!

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Read my email properly and said vehicle in is transit from the Factory to the Port of Barcelona.

So could well be what you suggested.

Out interest how often do ships leave from Barcelona for Seat cars to the uk ?
Do they drive all the cars on to ship like you would on car ferry ?

Been watching some youtube videos of the Factory cars being built. Sad I know!!
Well i was notified on 16th that car had left martorell on a ship. I thought great that was quick, hadnt heard anything for a week and i was tracking a ship that left on that day for Sheerness.

That was not the case it had left Barcelona, it was at the docks waiting to be loaded. Theres a couple of ships i am keeping an eye on which left in the last week.

I would assume they drive them on as the vehicle carrier ships are enclosed. Imagine loading 500 brand new cars on a ship, lengthy process!

Ive become a bit of a Captain Birds Eye watching these ships progress!!

We are basically just like everyone else and our new cars!

What build week were u?

Last edited:

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Well i was notified on 16th that car had left martorell on a ship. I thought great that was quick, hadnt heard anything for a week and i was tracking a ship that left on that day for Sheerness.

That was not the case it had left Barcelona, it was at the docks waiting to be loaded. Theres a couple of ships i am keeping an eye on which left in the last week.

I would assume they drive them on as the vehicle carrier ships are enclosed. Imagine loading 500 brand new cars on a ship, lengthy process!

Ive become a bit of a Captain Birds Eye watching these ships progress!!

We are basically just like everyone else and our new cars!

What build week were u?

Was Build week 12.
I am not in any rush just trying to plan when to put my existing car up forsale, get cash in place etc. We can just about manage with 1 car but not easy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.