what did you and your mk3 leon do today

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Said :censored: it and bought 4 PS4S on that 10% off deal on Black Circles earlier this week, had them fitted today...took 2 hours but there was a little straight bit of road so I "gebtly" accelerated, yippee no wheelspin! My old ones were wheelspinning whatever the weather.

I want to take it on a track now that I can actually get all that power through the wheels...

Deleted member 103408

8th july national meet come and join us and on the track as i am trying out mine.

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
Said :censored: it and bought 4 PS4S on that 10% off deal on Black Circles earlier this week, had them fitted today...took 2 hours but there was a little straight bit of road so I "gebtly" accelerated, yippee no wheelspin! My old ones were wheelspinning whatever the weather.

I want to take it on a track now that I can actually get all that power through the wheels...
Snap! Had mine fitted also today and the extra grip just on acceleration was obvious straight away. Even though the fitting centre said drive wirh caution as they take a little while to scrub in.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Going to get myself some of these when due. Pulled out of my normal junction this morning a little heavy footed to get away from the traffic and wheel spin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I would like a bit more noise from it, as I've a 280 I think I'm correct in saying it has 2 resonators. I've seen some have removed one and got it sounding a bit more aggressive?

I just don't want to sound like the chav who drives down my road in his blacked out fiesta st rattling all the windows as he drives away.

Deleted member 103408

I would like a bit more noise from it, as I've a 280 I think I'm correct in saying it has 2 resonators. I've seen some have removed one and got it sounding a bit more aggressive?

I just don't want to sound like the chav who drives down my road in his blacked out fiesta st rattling all the windows as he drives away.

What I did was got myself a cone filter, then when you put your foot down you get a nice sound in the cabin but not chavy and not to much so its still comfy in the cabin.

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Went for a blast up the mountains, said i'd make use of the good weather and dry roads. I'm about 3 months into owning this rocket and every time I drive it I get reminded of just how good this car is. The grip in the corners is immense, the way the nose just turns in and sticks is like nothing I've ever driven before. The pull out of the corners and the rapid DSG shifts are crazy.
VaXDtqO.jpg

74emdXW.jpg

Last edited:

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
why didn't you do the grill while the bumper was off?

Bit by bit. Wanted to see what it looked like on. And it looks ok. I will probably do the lower part of the bumper gloss black as well as the chrome at the top and the seat badge too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Today I had the car in for the 30.000km service... Which is just a glorified inspection.

When I dropped it:
- "Sir, we see you booked only the inspection... Do you want us to change the air filter also? That will be an extra 54€" - No, thanks... Changed it myself.
- "Sir, do you want us to change your wiper blades? That will be an extra 74€" - No, thanks... They don't need changing yet and when they do, I will change them myself. - "...but they will be cheaper if you get them from us" (I didn't even reply to this one...)
- "If we find any broken bulbs, can we replace them?" - You do know the car is full LED, right? How can they be broken or how are you going to replace them? - "...well, they could still break!"

Dealerships... They are the only Seat authorized dealership in a 60km radius and well take advantage of it.
As soon as the warranty expires they won't see me again.

Deleted member 103408

I thought the whole of Europe now allowed you to service your car at any garage, the only impact on warranty was you had to use recomended parts (eg vag stuff not cheaper ones)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I thought the whole of Europe now allowed you to service your car at any garage, the only impact on warranty was you had to use recomended parts (eg vag stuff not cheaper ones)

Might be, but these guys here are proper shady and I want my book stamped with the dealer stamp, which in Finland adds to the value of the car.
Since I have the extended warranty, I guess for most of it's life with me this car will go there, unless something really big happens, in which case it will go to Seat dealership in Estonia.
--edit under--

BTW, I guess if I replaced the engine air filter myself on schedule and with a non-VAG branded one but made by the same manufacturer, I am not in trouble, right? :)

Deleted member 103408

Of course not you can never be in trouble, unless you make a claim because your air filter stopped the engine working :)

Reactions: Jaco2k
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.