what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

Thanks I will also try it in the morning and see if I get cruise control issues, @JsyCuPrA is your car facelift or pre facelift

Deleted member 103408

Thanks I will also try it in the morning and see if I get cruise control issues, @JsyCuPrA is your car facelift or pre facelift

Made the change this morning and it worked fine, no issues with cruise control on my 2014 model.
I have also seen on the some Skoda sights people complaining about ABS Errors, non of those either.

Can tell if it makes any difference as I have just had a new map put on the car so its all much faster than it was but I have left it like this and will report if I find any issues.

One point of note however is that i tried to make the change with engine running and I got an error message 22 marginal conditions not met, turned it off and made the change again with no issues.

Deleted member 103408

Thanks in that case it seems to be this is a pre facelift change only

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I haven't had chance to give the direct acceleration - throttle response change a decent test yet. I haven't tried the Audi engine response but will give it a try if anyone reports a positive experience of the change.

I have done it and let it be, but want to try changing it back to see if I feel the difference.
Seems to be similar to throttle mod.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Update Audi coding is

Select Control unit 01- Engine
Select Long Coding (1)
Select Byte 0,

Managed to get the above bit with no problems

Change Bit 0-2 from Seat to AUDI (02)

Confused about this bit. I have Bit 0 and Bit 1 checked. Do I check Bit 2 as well? And if so I do not get any text stating Seat or Audi. What am I doing wrong?

bb1775186036c89db8b4994804d2f09f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Cant see your picture but Bit 0, 1 & 2 are all one section, if you click on it you will see a drop down list that shows something like

SKODA/SEAT/VW
AUDI,

Just select the Audi option.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Cant see your picture but Bit 0, 1 & 2 are all one section, if you click on it you will see a drop down list that shows something like

SKODA/SEAT/VW
AUDI,

Just select the Audi option.

Sorted picture out so you can see what I get.

bit 0,1 & 2 are all in separate groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

OK If you go to the HEX value (top right hand side) and change from OB to OA that will then be the same as mine

Deleted member 103408

No mine was OB before I changed it.
If you change to OA you will see the bits will change below.

Deleted member 103408

Yes the drop down list is how its been setup on the long coding helper. Just as a matter of interest what is the error message

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Yes the drop down list is how its been setup on the long coding helper. Just as a matter of interest what is the error message

After I reset the coding I had the following fault identified during a scan:

“P164700 - Checking coding/versions of control modules in drivetrain” against the ABS module.

UPDATE: The fault has been cleared and the Cruise Control icon has returned to normal. I’m guessing that the long coding maybe requires adjusting in the facelift models to try and work around the cruise control issue.

Last edited:

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Tried it on my 2013 1.8tsi manual and had no issues. Seems to be smoother and more linear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Can you tell me what you changed please ?
I want to try this on my Seat Leon 1.8 tsi 2014 plate.
Thanks.

stel94

Jul 1, 2015
Dublin
Pretty sure I saw you at Mondello earlier. I was going for the afternoon session. How did it go for you?

It went very well first time on the track,alot of track stuff and cars with double the cylinders couldn't shake the cupra and on the straights it was unbelievable delighted it rained earlier on in the morning I didn't ware out the tyres or brakes soon as started to dry out the tyres where screeching like mad
How did you get on? Wore you In the 300

Semtax

Jan 18, 2018
Yeah that was my 300. Its the first time Ive had the Cupra on track and I was really happy with it. I could tell the brake fluid was starting to go off by the 4th lap out but I kind of expected that as its completely stock. Very close in terms of flat out speed to the M235i that ive driven around there.

A new civic type R was plodding around the pits too. I would have liked to compare it on track but I dont think it ever went out!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.