what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
What’s your opinion of it? Is the quality of the video good? Easy to use? Do you use the BlackVue app?

I have a Blackvue 650s in my MX5 and it’s very discreet and easy to use with the App, you can even do over the air firmware updates. I have Thinkware front & rear in my Leon, more bells & whistles but bulkier. They came from my previous car but if I bought again I’d go for Blackvue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
There’s always someone wanting to make a point. Round here’s its usually Fiesta ST’s.
I usually let it go, but have to admit to rising to some bait dangled in front of me on Friday evening.

Was driving my Persona, loaded-up on the way back from holiday, coming-up behind someone in an old Honda Ballade in the inside lane doing about 60 on a 70-limit dual carriageway and I intended to go past him as soon as was safe/convenient.

I chose not to straight away, as I could see in my mirrors an Astra estate bearing down the other lane at about 80, so as normal for me I let him pass before pulling-out behind him to overtake the Honda.
The Astra stayed in the overtaking lane for no good reason and let their speed drop a little. Was tempted to give him a quick flash after 10 seconds or so, but resisted. Another 10 seconds went by and no sign of him budging or speeding-up a bit, so then I did flash.

Perhaps not surprisingly, he indicated left and started to pull-over, but very obviously booted it as hard as at the same time.

Not good enough sonny - my family saloon may only have 113 BHP, but with vari-manifold it pulls quite hard at higher revs, combined with instant kick-down meant he was soon eating my dust - a fate I'm sure he'd assumed his '16' plate Astra was quick enough to avoid, the fool :harhar:

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
In the spirit of the previous post, I had a V90 for lunch today... We started from the lights entering motorway and he came commandingly to ride my ass and try to shove me out of the way, so I switched to the slower lane (I happened to be on the fast lane) and then floored it.
Not getting into more detail, but he got owned and we did not let go until quite late...
I hate the "king-of-the-road" behaviour.
It was not enough to have Audi, BMW and Mercedes drivers do it, now the Volvo drivers started too...
This fellow, who was on a fully black Volvo V90 full of kit and with personalized plates, plus looking like he had arrived from an SS summer camp was FUMING by the time I slowed down due to being shown by a "lowly" Seat :)

Deleted member 103408

Another reason why I love the Leon/Cupra, they all think they are faster but get upset when they are not :)

Sheep in Woolf clothing brings me lots of happy moments
And posting after drinking wine :) Woolf in sheep clothing even.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jaco2k

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
To be clear, I wasn't tailgating the Astra, (an action I hate) - the driver was being an ass by sitting in the lane and slowing a little.

He obviously thought he was 'playing' me, but found-out different.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Or a MK2 Cupra R trying to keep up with the big boys in their MK3 Cupras haha

Just because a car is known to be of lower power does not mean that it actually is. I’m sure there are MK2 Cupra R’s out there pulling way in excess of 300bhp and just looking to “embarass” a MK3 Cupra. Just hope it isn’t me that’s embarrassed lol

Reactions: Jaco2k

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
Just because a car is known to be of lower power does not mean that it actually is. I’m sure there are MK2 Cupra R’s out there pulling way in excess of 300bhp and just looking to “embarass” a MK3 Cupra. Just hope it isn’t me that’s embarrassed lol
Hehe my mk2 cupra r was running 355 when I had it. It embarrassed many cars I can't wait to get 300bhp again well 290 lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

A stage 1 will give me 300 ponies I hope lol be gutted with 299 haha I'll make sure I catch you un aware haha although my car is blue... meh

Hehe my mk2 cupra r was running 355 when I had it. It embarrassed many cars I can't wait to get 300bhp again well 290 lol

I assume that was a stage 2+ mapped Cupra R? when you get your 290 (which is probably running 300 anyway) and you choose to get a stage 1 that takes it way out of my reach at 360+bhp without serious cash lol the internals on the MK3 are beauts as like I see a few people knocking on 500bhp with their Cupra...

Deleted member 103408

to be fair a lot of the 280's were pusing 300 as stock, none of these motors are slow (mk2 included) on the road.

Deleted member 103408

They may have a friendly poke to see what power they have lol

and do a bit of a convoy to show the beast's off.

I went up to Berwick upon tween and got into a convoy with a very nice MK2 that had been worked on two white Cupra's in convoy around the Newcastle area

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
and do a bit of a convoy to show the beast's off.

I went up to Berwick upon tween and got into a convoy with a very nice MK2 that had been worked on two white Cupra's in convoy around the Newcastle area
I very rarely see an MK2's when I go out an about... I also very rarely see any MK3 Cupra's

Maybe all these new stickers will bring everyone out haha

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I usually see anywhere up to 10 Cupra’s on a normal day. Usually in the ratio of 3 MK2’s to 7 MK3’s (280-290-300 including ST). Nearly as common as Focus ST’s around here ...lol
Strange...

Maybe in the sticks like me people only get sensible cars lol we have a few ST Fiesta drivers that like going round the roundabouts 4 times whilst squealing it... I drove from the midlands to Blackburn last week and saw no Cupra's... Only FR's although they are not to be sniffed at lol

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Strange...

Maybe in the sticks like me people only get sensible cars lol we have a few ST Fiesta drivers that like going round the roundabouts 4 times whilst squealing it... I drove from the midlands to Blackburn last week and saw no Cupra's... Only FR's although they are not to be sniffed at lol

Can’t get closer to the sticks than West Cumbria. Plenty of FR’s around here too. In reality there’s loads of Seat’s around here, all models. Nice to see so many people with good taste.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Davesimmons269

Feb 18, 2018
Travelled back from Boardmasters festival in Newquay a day early :rocker:... Weather was pretty awful and the wife had had enough... Lovely drive back in the 300.. so good to sit back and cruise but then it just delivers when you want to boot it a little :happy:. Tagged onto the back of a very nice looking 13 plate FR for a good few miles.... (Hello if you are on here haha)... We got joined by a rather beat up 57 plate ibiza for an impromptu Seat convoy in the outside lane... Had the car 12 days and i love it!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.