12v power socket in the rear

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
In MY19, there is a new option which includes storage under the front seats and 12v power socket in the trunk

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
& you cant get much under the seat. I guess that's the second passenger bin they left off. I can get two pairs of glasses in mine and a car phone charger, 2 amp since that was left off to just 1 amp in the console. Always been my view they held back on finishing the car off as the design was rushed into production. Skoda factory got the option to fit more practical stuff in the Karoq.

Erunamo

Jul 19, 2018
Unfortunately not here in the UK
That's strange... it's available in my19 (i guess from september) not only in Spain but also in France. My guess is that it will also be available in UK, but once My19 is fully official from september/october

Tell

Staff member
Well to me it seemed petty cost savings not to put in a 12 volt socket in the back from 2016 when launched, to give only one under seat bin (zero if electric seats), too skimp on internal storage. Since I bought mine with all the trimmings for £35,000 or so in 2016 I was a little zissed off to find such a high use of cheap plastic inside. The rear catch having a gapping hole in it. The Kodiaq gets a flip catch which covers up the catch hole to tidy it up. Karoq doesnt thou. Through that hole you can see the thin polythene moulding used.

I know people who buy or PCP the base models get less annoyed with the build quality or what's left off, but if you get a top of the range one you do expect it to have all the trimmings. Unbundling the 12 volt socket costs and not putting in USB power in the rear was an oversight / petty cost saving. The USB power is pretty useless for new smart phones since its 1 amp only, not 2 amp so your device slowly discharges if used plugged in or won't charge back up after hiking (& no it's not there only for your connection for contact as that other twitty board says - it's there to charge up your device just specced on old standards).

Will revert back to my previous position that the car was rushed out in 2016 and Seat Spain didn't check that the Skoda factory who were passed the designs didn't finish the internal design off too well. They are still playing catch up to put back what was left off, but then to say you have to pay for it as an addition is just petty.

The under seat bin BTW cost a fortune to buy as parts and you have to take the seat out to fit. Whilst I've had the passenger seat off mine with a view to sorting out the front passenger legroom, aborted project due to changes in the Tiguan brackets... didn't do anything about that missing passenger bin. I just stuff things under the front seats but obviously not useful if you carry passengers in the back. The Ateca inside is best likened to a German minimalist hotel room without wardrobes and a few coat hooks. It's a toys out on the floor vehicle. Runs well thou.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.