what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
My 1.4 ACT ST is 4 years old today so have worked out my annual stats.
Total mileage is now 45044 with 11983 covered in the last 12 months.
Computer says an average mpg of 47.9 this year, actual figure is 46.5.
Over the 4 years computer says 47.2, actual is 45.2.
I do a fairly mixed mileage of town driving and longer trips and I also tow a caravan for about a thousand miles a year.
Car has been very reliable, no dramas.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
Replaced my reversing light with an LED, went to do my indicators (what a pain in the :censored: the light clusters are to remove) then realised I had bought the wrong bulbs...oops...

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
I can vouch for the Rieger splitter. It hugs the contours of the front end and being gloss black is a perfect match for the mirrors.

I saw @Deano j1971 car on Saturday and I liked it so much I’m getting one for my 5d Cupra 300.

@Maypack...you know it make sense with the front splitter. It’s a great addition to the cupra 300, especially with your colour of car and against the gloss black wing mirrors etc it’s going to look fab.
IMG_0178.jpg

Can’t wait to see the finished product..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maypack

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Maypack...you know it make sense with the front splitter. It’s a great addition to the cupra 300, especially with your colour of car and against the gloss black wing mirrors etc it’s going to look fab.
View attachment 2170
Can’t wait to see the finished product..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It does look good.

Wonder if there is a splitter that would fit the carbon.....

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I like the look of the tints for the front fogs too. There is a £10 delivery charge for then
Now. Which is a bit steep.
Change the type of delivery, I’m sure I didn’t pay that.

Or just buy some fly eye on eBay, that’s what I was going to do originally. Dead easy to do and dirt cheap

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
So had my first proper play on the roads round me after the stage 1 and dsg map. All I can say is anyone with a mk3 cupra has to do it. Its a totally different car. Absolutely love it :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interested in getting it done myself, but mine is on a PCP contract so not sure how I’d go about that, and also don’t want to void the warranty on the engine I know it’s not been long but have you noticed a difference in mpg yet at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

The map makes no difference to your mpg, its your right foot using the power that does in my experience.

Oh and one other thing I did to stop loosing my licence turn on the speed warning so you dont end up going over 100 unless you mean to.

There is one called Winter Tyre Warning, and there is another one that you can also set from the car info unit. There is a third one you can enable via OBD11

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Interested in getting it done myself, but mine is on a PCP contract so not sure how I’d go about that, and also don’t want to void the warranty on the engine I know it’s not been long but have you noticed a difference in mpg yet at all?

Sorry to butt in..!!

Mine is on a lease, and I’ve got a Stage 1 map on it. Most (not all) finance/lease companies are happy for you to mod the car (within reason) so long as you accept that you have to put the car back stock (at your expense) when you hand the car back, and that any issues caused as a result of the mods has to be paid for by you.

My advice if you want to get it done is to ask the finance company first. From memory, your finance company let you do the resonator delete so they should be ok with the remap (I have both the res delete and the remap approved by my lease company)

As for mpg, it stays roughly the same under “normal” driving conditions. However, it will drink more juice if you like to drive everywhere with your foot down because the engine is developing more power and therefore needs more petrol to feed it. My long term mpg is around the 33 mark and that’s with 366bhp...

Reactions: ChrisJKM

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Exactly right i sat on the dual carrigeway on the way home and got the same mpg as I i used to get going to work. But out your foot down and youll notice the difference. Shes much more responsive with no lag at all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.