DSG paddle extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
who uses them, which ones, and would you recommend? Pics?
Used some off of eBay, my only complaint is they looked stuck on as the paddle themselves was actually attached to a bracket...

Car-Accessories-steering-wheel-shift-paddle-DSG-Paddle-Extension-For-Seat-Alhambra-Ateca-Leon-FR-Leon.jpg_640x640.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Me...SG-Shifters-Leon-MK3-Cupra-Nadi-/253617081459

...these look better as the paddle sits flush with the front surface of the existing ones...

s-l300.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Polished...fters-Leon-MK3-Cupra-FR-TSI-TDI-/163059404058

...but I bought these for the Carbon, T-Carbon. Thankfully bought second had so not full price.

Not my car:

71qLtI1XqxL._SL1500_.jpg

Oldbutswift

Mar 23, 2016
Bigger paddles seem a good idea because the oem ones are rather small,but I'm a bit doubtful about stick on extensions....do we think they will be permanent or fall off after a few months?

Edit....I see the shiny ones screw on,so should be OK.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Bigger paddles seem a good idea because the oem ones are rather small,but I'm a bit doubtful about stick on extensions....do we think they will be permanent or fall off after a few months?
I have the ones in the top picture. They've been on for two years without any problems. However, I did change the tape before fitting them (the tape supplied seemed a bit weak).

Really like the ones in the bottom picture though, not seen those before.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand

One year on and they are well stuck on. They use a form of 3M double sided tape.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

If it’s 3M tape they are going absolutely no where. Some people on the book of face have damaged their OEM paddles trying to pull their extensions off for new cars. I took some very careful effort taking my carbon ones off to fit slightly thicker tape so they fit better.

I’m resigned to the fact my carbon ones will go with the car. But then they would never fit an AMG Merc anyway ;)

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I've had those cheap ali express metals ones on my car for about 10 months now. They haven't budged at all and are rock solid even if you pull on the very top or bottom of the paddle. My trick was I heated up the 3m tape with a hair dryer which made the tape pliable and sticky. This allowed me to get a better "stick" to the paddle as the 3m tape took the shape of the paddle better.

Zaco95

Oct 31, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
I've had those cheap ali express metals ones on my car for about 10 months now. They haven't budged at all and are rock solid even if you pull on the very top or bottom of the paddle. My trick was I heated up the 3m tape with a hair dryer which made the tape pliable and sticky. This allowed me to get a better "stick" to the paddle as the 3m tape took the shape of the paddle better.

Same mine havnt budged for at least 1 and half years now and still going strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Nice tip, I just used the blowers on the car LOL

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Reactions: gof

Copeys

Sep 13, 2018
They’re not the same. Those are like what I used to have on the 280.

The ones @Copeys is asking about fit flush and look better. Downside is they use grubscrews that could damage the original paddles.

I ordered mine today, debating buying some 3m tape and just sticking them on and tightening them up and not using and if the grub screws. From what I can see the my more of less clamp on?!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Dumb question - what is required to install third party wheel pedals? I have a Leon MK3 -16 with DSG6 gearbox. Is that enough?
If you haven't got paddles already I don't think you can install 3rd party ones, you will need at the very least a new steering wheel with the paddles already fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.