New Leon CUPRA R ST - can come with 370HP in the UK

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
Will this tuning pack be applicable to normal Cupra ST’s (eg non Cupra R versions) ??

They seem to be offering it on the ABT site but i doubt SEAT will offer that. Dealers focus on new sales not tuning.
Either way this is another move by VAG to strengthen the CUPRA brand and thus growing SEAT even more.
SEAT is by far the most exciting VAG brand in the sub 30000£ segment. RS3 isn't selling enough maybe so VAG doesn't care about making SEATs faster now with the new CUPRA rebranding. VAG wants to sell cars.

Deleted member 103408

VAG Have also confirmed that they don't see big sales in 400 bhp cars (on the Golf R) so my guess is they will max out at around 350 - 75 which is a stage one tune. You can always fit a tuning box or get a MAP done to get the same.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I think a lot of ST 4Drive owners would be very interested in this ABT tune if it was made available officially and kept warranty intact.

I will consider a JB1 for my CupraST Lux when it arrives in the summer, but don’t really want to worry about warranty issues on a brand new car. This ABT time would be ideal !!!!

stig

Jan 27, 2019
I doubt it, at least for the foreseeable future. I have asked SEAT to confirm though.

I’ve got a 300 ST Carbon which is basically the R bar the carbon wing and mirror caps as far as I can tell?

It would be great if the tune was made available for it given that it’s ostensibly the same car!?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I’ve got a 300 ST Carbon which is basically the R bar the carbon wing and mirror caps as far as I can tell?
Engine wise I think very similar if not identical, so hopefully it will be made available to you at some point.

According to the press releases the Carbon R is going to have a lot of the extra missing goodies that the Carbon doesn’t, Pano Sunroof, Kessy, Reverising cameras etc etc

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Engine wise I think very similar if not identical, so hopefully it will be made available to you at some point.

According to the press releases the Carbon R is going to have a lot of the extra missing goodies that the Carbon doesn’t, Pano Sunroof, Kessy, Reverising cameras etc etc

They've fiddled with the camber too.

Deleted member 103408

If you want the power there are plenty of options out that to give you the same number.

Couple guys on this forum have just gone Racingline Stage 1 but there are lots of Tuning Box's and ECU Maps that will give you this stage 1 figure. You can even get the ABT Box but the price is a bit higher and I suspect you wont get the warranty.

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Its not coming to sweden, got it confirmed today. By Swedish laws SEAT must do all tests and make it homologated. In UK, Germany etc its easier and a third party can give a certificate and make it legal. TÜV does it in Germany

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
This is running on 2 threads now.. but got a positive reply today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-141015_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-141015_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 111

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
What’s the context of the above information ??

Is it whether or not this tune is going to be available to non ‘Cupra R ST’s’ ??
Yes just that.. will 280 290 and 300 owners be able to buy this with voiding their warrenty. My fear is that abt will want to charge too much for it. If it were around 500 I would buy it.. if its 2000 like it is on the golf r and s3 all over the world... then I wouldn't

Jan 6, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK

It would be great if the tune was made available for it given that it’s ostensibly the same car!?
Looks like the R has the 7 speed box fitted too, but that shouldn't matter for the power hike. I too have the ST Carbon Edition and for £500 would most definitely be up for the ABT tune :yes:

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Does anybody know when the Cupra R ST is going to be available to order in the UK ?

I’m sorely tempted to try and order one but can’t really find any concrete info on it.
There is lots of articles on different websites, but most of them have conflicting info regards spec, Seats website is not much better and there doesn’t appear any way to order one on there ??

Edit:
Just seen that it can be ordered from 9th April !!

Spec wise it seems to that Pano Sunroof will be an £800 option, but it comes with Kessy, Front and Rear cameras, can find any mention of ACC or driver assistance packs however.

Last edited:

mbk72

Feb 21, 2015
www.youtube.com
Does anybody know when the Cupra R ST is going to be available to order in the UK ?

I’m sorely tempted to try and order one but can’t really find any concrete info on it.
There is lots of articles on different websites, but most of them have conflicting info regards spec, Seats website is not much better and there doesn’t appear any way to order one on there ??

Edit:
Just seen that it can be ordered from 9th April !!

Spec wise it seems to that Pano Sunroof will be an £800 option, but it comes with Kessy, Front and Rear cameras, can find any mention of ACC or driver assistance packs however.

My Cupra was in for a service today and I had a chat with the dealer about the ST R. The only options are the Pan roof £800 and the ABT pack at £500 - the rest such as ACC, driver assistance etc is all included as I understand it. It works out at £39,275 fully loaded list price so just under the £40k avoiding the VED additional payments.

I'm also tempted but we are at a tricky time with conventional, hybrid and electric power. I might buy one as a last hurrah of the petrol car before going electric. Then again I also noticed news https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/cupra/106522/new-2021-cupra-leon-to-get-plug-in-hybrid-power of the 2021 Cupra Leon Hybrid with 242bhp has appeared online today. El-Born, Cupra Hybrid and ST R makes for quite a difficult 1st world choice. An ST R until the others arrive is a possibility.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.