Squealing noise when car is warmed up

cushy91

Jul 19, 2015
Hi all,

Been reading the forums for a long time but in need of some advice myself.

I have a 2010 Ibiza 1.6 TDI that is making a squealing sound sometimes under acceleration and when letting off accelerator and coasting. This is especially noticeable downhill. The sound does go away when the clutch pedal is pressed down. When the car has been left overnight and is cold, there are no sounds.

The sound can be heard when stationary as well and the car is revved although it is more of a chirp than a squeal when doing this. Car is in neutral and doesn't matter if clutch is pressed or not

Has anyone had this before?

Cheers

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Hi all,

Been reading the forums for a long time but in need of some advice myself.

I have a 2010 Ibiza 1.6 TDI that is making a squealing sound sometimes under acceleration and when letting off accelerator and coasting. This is especially noticeable downhill. The sound does go away when the clutch pedal is pressed down. When the car has been left overnight and is cold, there are no sounds.

The sound can be heard when stationary as well and the car is revved although it is more of a chirp than a squeal when doing this. Car is in neutral and doesn't matter if clutch is pressed or not

Has anyone had this before?

Cheers

Hey Cushy. Sounds like a vacuum leak. Check your vacuum hoses / pipes attached to turbo if you have one and see if any cracks or splits.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cushy91

Jul 19, 2015
I've had this issue for a few months and at first thought it was maybe clutch/flywheel related but had kind of put off looking at it as I know that the repair bill is large with something like that.

I will have a look at hoses tomorrow and see what I can find.

I actually had an intercooler hose replaced recently when the car went into limp mode on the motorway one night on way home from work. Threw code P2279 Air Intake Leak. Although, this squealing issue doesn't seem to have affected the car, performance-wise, other than being rather annoying. It's maybe just got to that age now when things like this start to perish.

Thanks

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
I've had this issue for a few months and at first thought it was maybe clutch/flywheel related but had kind of put off looking at it as I know that the repair bill is large with something like that.

I will have a look at hoses tomorrow and see what I can find.

I actually had an intercooler hose replaced recently when the car went into limp mode on the motorway one night on way home from work. Threw code P2279 Air Intake Leak. Although, this squealing issue doesn't seem to have affected the car, performance-wise, other than being rather annoying. It's maybe just got to that age now when things like this start to perish.

Thanks
How did u get on in the end?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cushy91

Jul 19, 2015
I just put up with this issue for a while until my car was due MOT last weekend there.

I took the car into a local garage and they diagnosed as a fault with the turbo. Said it was leaking oil etc. It got sent to a local firm who refurbed it and no more squealing/whining noises!

Thinking I might have the beginnings of an EGR issue as well but that's for another day, beginning to lose the love for this car lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.