Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
thinks............,

there was talk of a new bigger turbo with upgraded forged internals

So ye, I asked "excuse me good proprietor of this performance garage, how much would one pay for 1xforged engine?". The reply was "depends... how much of the engine do you want forging?".

I have to admit, I hadn't really prepared myself to answer that. And I still don't really know. I passed out, but I think I was quoted £2500 for wosner pistons, zrp conrods, some arp bolts and obviously the actual rebuilding of the engine. I assume that included some cleaning / tidying of cylinder walls, etc. At that point I didn't dare ax how much to uprate the valves as well.

Deleted member 103408

And if its anything like the MK1 Forge motors you will not get much of a guarantee.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Dark day today... had to have my coilover's... raised!! Well, technically I didn't. But this didn't seem good:
do5Jzs4.jpg

So now sitting on stilts:
9T2MhSA.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Lol it still looks lower than mine especially my back end

I'm worried about exposing my back end! Trouble is... it actually now handles much better and more comfortable over bumps... I'm thinking do I go up another 10mm and see how I feel... :think:

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So, I think this may be the last blast out before SL1 hibernates for the winter. With the help of @Jimbobcook and google street view, I picked a parking space in Aberyswith.
sX6mJ0b.jpg

Of course, I then had to make sure I could see it from any part of town.
zlLJLGX.jpg

With that out the way, I could enjoy some shopping.
ApqWOi3.jpg

Also managed to spot the first BMW I think I've seen with the new lane change lights.

And of course, home after covering 240 miles, most of it winding national speed limit roads. The only thing to do was leave the engine running for 5 mins with the bonnet open to let the turbo cool. @theoldboy ;)
JfEt31C.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Haha I do this as well, the wife thinks i'm a little nuts...

That picture of the car from 15 miles away made me laugh but good work!

Did you get the calendar? Also not sure the new lane changing lights make much difference on the BMW front... Thought was there maybe?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That picture of the car from 15 miles away made me laugh but good work!

Did you get the calendar? Also not sure the new lane changing lights make much difference on the BMW front... Thought was there maybe?

I had to pay 20p to use the telescope to check on it!

Unfortunately not... wish I had of now. But bought a sheep magnet instead:
KUMABv0.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The funny thing is i'm actually enlarging the picture to make your circle is in the right place haha

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
What does the Mrs think to the Sheep thing going on haha

She was looking at some salt n pepper pots. I don't need to trouble her with it. I can quit any time I like. I can.

The funny thing is i'm actually enlarging the picture to make your circle is in the right place haha

:lol:. Can you make it out behind the grass? Luckily I had a silver VW golf park next to me (at the correct spacing) for the entire day.

Deleted member 103408

Have you thought about some sheepskin seat covers to protect your seats.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members