New Leon mk4 thoughts

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Based on that review, the car comes with some interesting new technology, not seen on SEAT cars before which is nice, but does not make up for the rather unimaginative design. I hope the Cupra will atleast look different to the FR. THe current Mk3 Cupra only differs to the FR in exhaust and 5 holes in the front bumper...
Given that Cupra is a separate brand now, it's possible that there may be more difference than on the Mk.3 in order to differentiate it from the SEAT version and build the Cupra brand. We'll have to wait to see, though.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
So when is the new Cupra going to be available to actually order and when are they expecting the first deliveries to customers?

Will update you next month at the launch. But this will be much quicker than normal wait for a CUPRA - we normally have to wait 12 months before it is even shown, let alone available to order. Unless I decide to go for a Formentor, let's just say I'm expecting to have mine by the summer - engine availability dependent ;)

Forum for CUPRA Leon here :)

Reactions: Rob66

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
I see whiffs of Hyundai i30 and FIAT Tipo in the new Leon. Even a little bit of Suzuki Swift. We could have a game of 'guess the marque' if anyone fancies removing the badges from the front of the new Leon, Tipo and i30!

If they wanted to take styling cues from other cars, they could have at least tried to steal them from more aspirational brands, instead of the bargain bucket ones!

GaryPL

Apr 27, 2019
The SEAT website reveals something amazing. It has rear lights!! Wow. What an age we live in.

Attachments

• Rear lights wow.jpg
    Rear lights wow.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 172

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I want to like it .. but these are my first immediate thoughts:

It looks like it has taken queues from the Mazda 6 especially the estate, not a bad looking car but at the moment prefer the current car? The profile looks very Astra like as well, and the rear light Kia and Porsche. The front lower grill very Fiesta ST.

And are they fake exhaust tips!!! It may grow on me let's hope so as I am looking to change very soon, so hope the Cupra is very different.

At the moment not a fan, apart from the way the rear light illuminates.:clap:

EDIT 31/01 - Its growing on me, will have to see.

Last edited:

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I’m not waiting. I’m ordering my Cupra Lux 290 tomorrow. Hate the new cars interior with the screen stuck on the dash like that and the lack of physical buttons. Amazing lease offers on the Mk3 Cupra available right now so I’ll never get this opportunity again as the lease prices for the new one will be considerably more expensive initially.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I’m not waiting. I’m ordering my Cupra Lux 290 tomorrow. Hate the new cars interior with the screen stuck on the dash like that and the lack of physical buttons. Amazing lease offers on the Mk3 Cupra available right now so I’ll never get this opportunity again as the lease prices for the new one will be considerably more expensive initially.
I think the mk4 cupra will be around 40k

i think a mk4 leon fr will start at 25k
Im expecting mental prices

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I was convinced that the m3.5 cupra would be my last seat.

However seeing the tech on offer in the mk4 I may get another. The gap seems to be closing.

Heated steering wheel :)
Looking forward to the cupra version

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: gof

Marko_33

Jan 28, 2020

Did the same thing m8. Getting my dirt cheap Cupra on Saturday

Marko_33

Jan 28, 2020
Only decisions I have are the colour (urban silver, magnetic or desire red) and whether the Lux version is worth getting or not. What colour did you go for?
The only color option was white so i said f*** it and went for it. I mean for a nearly 10k discount who cares about the color.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Only decisions I have are the colour (urban silver, magnetic or desire red) and whether the Lux version is worth getting or not. What colour did you go for?
Desire red for me, I went with the lux because the price increase was negligable on my deal. In terms of what it adds, I cant event rememebr since i ordered so long ago but the adaptive cruise control was one of them.

Reactions: Syphon

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Desire red for me, I went with the lux because the price increase was negligable on my deal. In terms of what it adds, I cant event rememebr since i ordered so long ago but the adaptive cruise control was one of them.
Awesome - it's my favourite colour I think. ACC, alcantera bucket seats, wireless charging, kessy and safety pack if I remember.

Reactions: Syphon

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Wonder if there will be any non boring colours or if it will be much of the same

Red
Blue
Black
White
Silver
Grey

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Well it’s ordered. In.......Urban Silver. Just liked the black Cupra lettering on the back of the silver better. What leadtimes should I be looking at roughly ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise