Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
My ST 300 lease ends in December. Definitely interested in the 310 if it's available for then. Quite like the sound of a matt Magnetic Tech. Depending on price obviously. Cupra Areca is also a possibility.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
My ST 300 lease ends in December. Definitely interested in the 310 if it's available for then. Quite like the sound of a matt Magnetic Tech. Depending on price obviously. Cupra Areca is also a possibility.

Sept / Oct time for customer deliveries. ST will come before the 5 Door so may be Aug/Sept. May let you end the lease deal a bit early if you are staying in brand.

Reactions: Brooster89

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
eHybrid engine bay
CUPRA-LEON-eHYBRID-ENGINE-BAY.jpg

Reactions: Legojon and gof

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Why no decent colours? Black nor White are actually a colour but what about a decent blue, green, red or even yellow or orange?
Wife likes the Skoda Scala? due to a bright met green.

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Why no decent colours? Black nor White are actually a colour but what about a decent blue, green, red or even yellow or orange?
Presumably to avoid clashing with the copper?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Some of the nicest colours i have seen you can get on the new audi a1

tioman green is a fav of mine looks well cool
And they have a nice blue and a strange yellow colour. Not the boring black greys and whites

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Good question. Don't know. Depends if they will fit. Back in UK now so noone to ask right now but will find out.
Can you ask if the front Brembo calipers are 2 piston or 4. Also in the main article it says 5 metallic paint options but then only lists 4 colours, what is the 5th and what colour will the no cost colour be?
Thanks

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Can you ask if the front Brembo calipers are 2 piston or 4. Also in the main article it says 5 metallic paint options but then only lists 4 colours, what is the 5th and what colour will the no cost colour be?
Thanks
From the Cupra press release:
"in addition to the four soft and metallic paint (Candy White, Magnetic Tech, Midnight Black and Urban Silver), the CUPRA Leon will also be available with two special paint (Desire Red and Graphene Grey) as well as with two matt paint options (Magnetic Tech Matt and Petrol Blue Matt)."

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
From the Cupra press release:
"in addition to the four soft and metallic paint (Candy White, Magnetic Tech, Midnight Black and Urban Silver), the CUPRA Leon will also be available with two special paint (Desire Red and Graphene Grey) as well as with two matt paint options (Magnetic Tech Matt and Petrol Blue Matt)."
Must be a typo in the article then as it says 5 but only 4 in reality. I still wonder which is the no cost colour as it's normally a non metallic colour but none are listed other than the special extra cost colours. I always think its a rip off anyway, they have to paint the car and metallic paint is nothing special, hasn't been for years so why is it extra? Imo the metallic paint colours should be included and you pay extra if you want specials like flips or Matt finish.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks
Would imagine they will be 4 pot, haven’t seen 2 pot brembo’s used on the front more of a rear brake thing

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018
Must be a typo in the article then as it says 5 but only 4 in reality. I still wonder which is the no cost colour as it's normally a non metallic colour but none are listed other than the special extra cost colours. I always think its a rip off anyway, they have to paint the car and metallic paint is nothing special, hasn't been for years so why is it extra? Imo the metallic paint colours should be included and you pay extra if you want specials like flips or Matt finish.
Must be. Totally agree - also not sure why Desire Red is classified as a "special" as it's been a free option on Leon Cupras for a while now.

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
As a long term owner/fan of the Cupra I don't think I'll renew mines in November.

I would've liked 4drive in the hatch but seeing that SEAT are sticking with the previous set up with 2wd for the 5 door it's a NO for me.

I think SEAT have lost out again to brand hierarchy again, which is such a shame as a 4drive 5 door 310ps Cupra would've been perfect.

I'm now tempted by the new Civic Type R Sport Line (no stupid wings etc)

SEAT have missed a big trick... again
be080ea8644af0a5d9008801a02d5a8a.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
But the civic is front wheel drive too?

I for one have no issue with them keeping it FWD. Allows the car to be lighter and more agile.

The Golf is a straight line hero, the Leon is more of a drivers car. Its nice that there is choice and differentiation.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brooster89
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.