2010 facelift Seat Leon Cupra

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
I didn't... until I got rid of it. It's subtle but actually a really nice colour. Also if it helps, that's matt bronze. I haven't seen gloss bronze. But when I went to pick my wheels up the guy said "they looked amazing in gloss... now we've put on the matting agent they look awful". So that cheered me up. So feel free to take one for the team and see what the gloss look like.

Yeah, not sure how many horses that is though.
Might have to take one for the team and get gloss bronze, the alloys on my car are battered in some places and the protruding spokes don't help lol

Reactions: Sharpy and Legojon

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
So been quiet for a few months which I apologise for, I'm working away with work now so slot harder to post.

I can confirm I've done around 4.5k miles since new shell bearings where fitted and all seems good however I'm going to do an oil change in a few weeks and check for sure.

I've recently added a black cupra badge to back of the car and I will post some pictures up to show it shortly.

My recent issue is that my heat shield above the back box has come loose at the passenger side but I don't know if I'm missing a bracket or bolt or what can anyone help?

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
After much investigation I found the rattle was actually inside the back box, I have ordered a back box delete which will be delivered next week, anyone got one and how much louder is it?

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Just thought I'd put a quick post up to say I've started a YouTube channel called RGMCUPRA if anyone is interested in seeing the video content of my build as the mods are slowly starting to begin after a long wait and a few issues to initially get the car running

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Finally had a bit of sun and been able to get the Poorboy's black hole and dodo juice purple haze out for a try
15827150101953514017698609552175.jpg

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
So I've got a rattle on the back of my car which turned out to be the rear brake dust cover, does anyone know how they are connected on before I start dismantling my car at weekend and if they are necessary to keep on?

@Legojon @Jimbobcook have you guys ever had an encounter with these?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So I've got a rattle on the back of my car which turned out to be the rear brake dust cover, does anyone know how they are connected on before I start dismantling my car at weekend and if they are necessary to keep on?

@Legojon @Jimbobcook have you guys ever had an encounter with these?

If you can change brake discs, you can get the guards off. They are only held on with a couple of bolts (or was it one? LOL). They aren't 100% necessary... but not expensive, so I'd just replace them.

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
If you can change brake discs, you can get the guards off. They are only held on with a couple of bolts (or was it one? LOL). They aren't 100% necessary... but not expensive, so I'd just replace them.
Ah that simple, fair enough I'll get to it at weekend

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
So it's been a while since I've done an update on here, I've recently wrapped the front reg plate part of the grill black and I bought some wheel spacers yesterday but need longer bolts which I will be buying shortly along with my coilovers to be able to set up my stance how I want.

Will post some pictures shortly

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Big update on my progress, today I've had delivery of a decat downpipe, ramair oversized induction kit and also a set of stance + height adjustable coilovers ready to go stage 2

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Sounds like fun! You fitting stuff yourself or do you have a garage open near you?

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Yeah they will be going up on there so I will try to get some guides going and post links, hope your all subscribing lol

Reactions: Leeoncupra