Warranty

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
Hi all,

Has anyone used a third party warranty company and had good experiences.... I've looked at the main ones online, warranty direct, click 4 warranty, warranty wise etc and they all seem to have some pretty ropey reviews. Who have you used and where they any good if needed.

Thanks in advance

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
If your car is not too old, look at SEAT directly? On my Golf, I purchased when it was 3 years old and once the warranty ended contacted VW direct and chose my appropriate cover.

All component cover I think was £250-300ish back then.. similar on SEAT i would think.

Reactions: SRGTD

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
If your car is not too old, look at SEAT directly? On my Golf, I purchased when it was 3 years old and once the warranty ended contacted VW direct and chose my appropriate cover.

All component cover I think was £250-300ish back then.. similar on SEAT i would think.

This! Go with SEAT own extended warranty if you do decide to go down the extended warranty route, at least a dealer can repair stuff which has a technical bulletin against, whichever independent garage a third party uses will not have access to this info.

Although most extended warranties are not worth the paper their written on the OEM one would be the best way to go by far.

Reactions: bgb

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
I also had the option of making it a monthly payment - which i stopped when sold so really only paid for the cover i needed when i needed it.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014

I wouldn’t buy a third party warranty from the likes of Warranty Direct, Warranty Wise etc. With a VAG car, I’d always go for the manufacturers own extended warranty.

The Seat extended warranty does look to be the same as the VW one, but branded as Seat. It’s underwritten by Volkswagen and offers the same cover and excess options - All Component or Named Component, with different excess options. The VW version gets good feedback on various VW forums by those forum members who’ve bought it. Anyone the buys it just needs to be aware that it doesn’t provide the same level of cover that the original 3 year new car factory warranty does - the extended warranty is essentially an insurance product covering sudden and unexpected mechanical and electrical failure of covered components, so wouldn’t cover such things as rectifying defects in seat snd upholstery trim, stress cracks in light clusters that some owners have experienced with their Leon’s and reported on the forum.
https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat/warranty-roadside-assistance/existing-car-owners.html

Not the most exciting read, but here’s the warranty booklet so anyone who’s thinking of buying the Seat extended warranty product can see what they’re getting for their money;
https://www.insurewithseat.co.uk/media/1175/35239_seat_extended_warranty_dec19_nav_v1.pdf

Reactions: bgb and R45HU

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
Thanks for the responses appreciate the advice. I had assumed that the third party ones would almost certainly be rubbish. I'll look into the OEM offerings. Thanks again.

Reactions: bgb

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I think that you’ll be lucky to get all component cover from Seat for £200-300.

Our original Mk3 has so many warranty repairs during the first 3 years that Seat gave us 1 year complimentary warranty cover and it was closer to £900, as I had to pay for it and the reclaim back.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I think that you’ll be lucky to get all component cover from Seat for £200-300.

£200-£300 isn't far off. My SEAT extended warranty (Leon 184FR) for year 4 was £365 for all component cover, 15,000 miles and £0 excess. Not sure what to do with year 5 as it's just come through at £374 at the same level of cover, which I was surprised at.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi all,

Has anyone used a third party warranty company and had good experiences.... I've looked at the main ones online, warranty direct, click 4 warranty, warranty wise etc and they all seem to have some pretty ropey reviews. Who have you used and where they any good if needed.

Thanks in advance
Hi mate I work for VW and have made a lot of claims for customers via third party warranty company’s all of which the customer had to pay a excess on the repair. The warranty company’s them self don’t pay in full for the repair they’ll only pay part payment towards to bill. For example I had a customer with a golf r came in with a mis fire on cylinder 3 the customer had to pay for the time the tech took to find the problem 1 hour at £135 the warranty company wouldn’t pay for the diagnostics. Then the customer had to pay £100 excess. I’ve had nothing but upset customers that have used 3rd party warranty company’s your best bet is stay main dealer coz they won’t mess you about theyll claim internally for any cost via SEAT and you won’t have the hassle and stress of not knowing where you stand. It’s money well spent I’ve seen people have complete engines under warranty at work in excess of 6k at times.
Hope this helps. I know it’s probably hard to k ow who to listen to for advise sometimes when it comes to these things.

Cupra622

May 9, 2020
Hi mate I work for VW and have made a lot of claims for customers via third party warranty company’s all of which the customer had to pay a excess on the repair. The warranty company’s them self don’t pay in full for the repair they’ll only pay part payment towards to bill. For example I had a customer with a golf r came in with a mis fire on cylinder 3 the customer had to pay for the time the tech took to find the problem 1 hour at £135 the warranty company wouldn’t pay for the diagnostics. Then the customer had to pay £100 excess. I’ve had nothing but upset customers that have used 3rd party warranty company’s your best bet is stay main dealer coz they won’t mess you about theyll claim internally for any cost via SEAT and you won’t have the hassle and stress of not knowing where you stand. It’s money well spent I’ve seen people have complete engines under warranty at work in excess of 6k at times.
Hope this helps. I know it’s probably hard to k ow who to listen to for advise sometimes when it comes to these things.

Thanks very much for your detailed response. I think I'll defo go for a manufacturer backed warranty for peace of mind. There is no point paying for 'insurance' if the companies are going to try and wriggle out of paying.... Cheers.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thanks very much for your detailed response. I think I'll defo go for a manufacturer backed warranty for peace of mind. There is no point paying for 'insurance' if the companies are going to try and wriggle out of paying.... Cheers.
No problem I’m glad to be of help. Anything else you ever need from a main deal point of view don’t hesitate to message me I’ll try to help if poss.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.