Damo’s Carbon Edition

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
A few mods during lockdown. The first is the door catch covers. I'd asked if some Seat Carbon ones could be made last year, but then never heard back. Turns out he'd lost my details and I just happen to see it again...

upload_2020-4-26_13-23-38.png

Next was having some some custom badges made up. Racingline do have some on the way but I was getting impatient.So jumped on the chance to have my own made. When they arrived they all looked awesome so had to try and decide which to fit...

upload_2020-4-26_13-26-50.png

I really like the red, but bottled it and went with the more subtle Black and Grey...

upload_2020-4-26_13-31-28.png

upload_2020-4-26_13-32-37.png

upload_2020-4-26_13-32-55.png

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
To say I’m in a bad mood is an understatement.

So in February I ordered a spare black plastic panel for the rear bumper, to get painted body colour.

Gave the supplier my car reg and a photo of the rear of the car (again including reg) highlighting the bit I wanted (along with other parts).

They arrived a day or so later, visually the back panel looked like the right part, but it had been bent into a semi circle quite tightly to fit it the box. So I was concerned it was bent to much.

Before ringing the supplier to complain, I took it to the paint shop, who thankfully said it was fine and they’d sort it. So didn’t bother contacting the supplier.

Stupidly, as I’d been distracted that it was bent, I didn’t check it against the car (Mistake 1) and just left it at the paint shop.

So now months later the paint shop finally re-opened and caught up on their insurance back log and slower working (due to COVID-19 measures), and I finally have my painted panel back. So happy as Larry ripped off the old one (Not to difficult as knew it was going to go in the bin - Mistake 2).

So got the rear washed and cleaned ready for the new panel. Only to find they’d sent me a ******* 5 door panel not an ST

Fuming at the supplier, but obviously myself as normally I’m quite an OCD saddo and check stuff like this.

So I’m out of pocket at least £150 for paint and parts, not to mention the ******* time, for a part that is no use to me.

So do any 5 door monsoon grey FR/Cupra owners fancy buying a painted rear panel?

70D7CD48-D166-4F36-ADC0-4413863EDE8C.jpeg
4A9C5EAE-05C5-41AF-A52C-13596864BDA8.jpeg
0A72850F-C1ED-4EBE-9AB9-ABB90D586129.jpeg

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So looks like my rear insert will be sorted sooner rather than later. Will post more info later in the week, but will owe a huge thanks to 2 people.

However on a more positive note started assembling my new R grills and wrapped one of the flicks to compare. Decided I’m going to go down the wrapped matt black route now I’ve seen them side by side in the flesh :)

C95C4F78-7774-4774-9D21-1979C3EBC1F8.jpeg
13BEF04C-BB42-4331-86AD-B518D1D6D650.jpeg
8563834F-8402-4BE2-94C5-FEAB958171B8.jpeg
26E9BDBB-904C-434E-A6AE-986436D9CDB6.jpeg
AC846DB1-E1B2-4886-9411-038FC8818526.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: JackB

Bouloama

Aug 10, 2018
Hi Damo, do you have some photos of the bootstruts? Got them installed today, working indeed. The force needed to close the lid needs some getting used to.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Massive thanks to Mark B at Progressive Parts, Gareth Loxton and Ade at Rade Automotive for on less than a week organising a new panel and painting! It’s finally done! Only 6 months since I ordered the parts the first time!

Looks like it should of from the factory!

Just need Amazon to deliver my number plate sticky pads now...

C400E97E-B7C7-489E-9C40-45CE1BDD4C48.jpeg
4B057D21-1D39-42B8-B9ED-C84252FB6BEB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Yellow fr

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So finally got shortened plates back on my car. Not had one on the front since by 280, and the rear since my Mk2...

upload_2020-6-21_19-15-5.png

upload_2020-6-21_19-14-28.png

The front is just a rather good mock up using one of my show/photo plates and some stickers. But it looks so good I'm leaving it on until the real deal arrives.

upload_2020-6-21_19-15-48.png

Most of today I've been harassing @Tony Thurston from AT Designs (who did my rear badges) to make me something slightly bigger. This will get rid of the little 5mm gaps on the right and left. The recess is 530mm, but UK plates are only 520mm.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-21_19-12-7.png
    upload_2020-6-21_19-12-7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 227

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Things that are on the cards in the coming months...

1) Fitting my updated painted grills with my flicks wrapped matt black. Although these may not get fitted until the intercooler is upgraded as that's a bumper off job too.

upload_2020-6-21_19-23-37.png

2) Updated Virtual Cockpit to Rev A with the central rev counter.

3) Stage 2, with downpipe and intercooler being fitted at VAG Manchester.

That will finish the mods off for the year then.

Tony Thurston

May 29, 2020
Yeah, asked him if he could make me one, and now I think he may offer them. Top bloke considering how much I've badgered him. I've also test fitted something for him that he'll be doing soon too ;) May of said too much lol
All in good time... I've got a few things up my sleeve that will be very new but will only post them up when I'm happy with the fit and quality :)

Ant I dont mind being badgered, always a pleasure and learning new things is fantastic..

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So mods awaiting fitment:

Solarplexius rear window screen:
I already have fitted blinds for all the rear windows. But never 100% gelled with the rear being in 2 pieces. When my daughter moved to front facing I took them out and readjusted my rear facing dash cam. But it bugs me the rear window appear lighter than the side ones. So decided to bite the bullet and buy one of these. Just waiting on it arriving.

AT Designs customer front nunber plate surround.
Arrived today and looks great. Just need to fit when the weather gets better.

Virtual Cockpit Rev A including central rev counter.
So I have the VC already, but was gutted it didn’t have the central Rev counter. Getting this fitted on the .11th :)

Seat Sound retro fit
Missed this from my 280, so having it fitted same time as the updated VC.

Cupra R body coloured grills
Still need to fit these, but weather has been pants. May leave these for when the intercooler is being fitted, as removing the bumper is not a fun job.

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not doing very well with car purchases at the moment.

So my new Solarplexius rear blind arrived today after being stuck in Birmingham for 2-3 days - It literally got made and shipped from the Netherlands via Germany and to the Midlands in just over a day, but couldn't get here in less than 3 lol.

Anyway that is not the issue. I cam to fit it this afternoon. Checked the part was correct, placed in against the window to make sure it looked the right size. And then came to fit it.

Won't fit. Lots of swearing watching you tube where some guy just pops it in. More swearing. Walked away had a drink calmed down watched video again. Still won't fit.

Not happy. Anyway a little closer inspection of the video showed the car was a facelift, so fine, but it didn't have these extra tabs shown on the general instructions and on the actual part supplied. Double checked the part number it was correct. Checked the website the part was correct.

So went and dug out the rear blinds buried in my attic. Spot the difference...

1593726049573.png

Here is hoping they can send me the right part, as it seemed really good quality. Sadly this has now got dimples where I've been trying to get it to fit...

1593726217365.png

• Angry
Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That sucks! I hate it when stuff doesn't just work as stated... Thats a refund surely?

Looking forward to the AT Designs front plate, also as I have the rear space saver I assume I could do the SEAT sound all be it adding a centre speaker in the dash and running loads of cables haha

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
That sucks! I hate it when stuff doesn't just work as stated... Thats a refund surely?

Looking forward to the AT Designs front plate, also as I have the rear space saver I assume I could do the SEAT sound all be it adding a centre speaker in the dash and running loads of cables haha
Depends on your head unit. There is a guy on Facebook who is doing mine and he needed to check my head unit part number to check it was possible.

Reactions: Jimbobcook
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise