Activating mirror dip when reversing.

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
I have a seat Leon estate that didn’t have the mirror dip option in the settings. I got someone to hook the car on vcds and enable this. The option now appears on the settings but when I select this the passenger mirror does not dip when I select reverse gear. Do I need anything else to get this to work?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I have a seat Leon estate that didn’t have the mirror dip option in the settings. I got someone to hook the car on vcds and enable this. The option now appears on the settings but when I select this the passenger mirror does not dip when I select reverse gear. Do I need anything else to get this to work?
So long as its enabled and the mirror is in the passenger position you should be fine. Have you actually adjusted the mirror once you've done all that though?

When in reverse, adjust the passenger mirror to the position you want. Then when you put it in Drive and move off above something like 5 mph it should go back to the normal position.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I agree with @DamoH. When you have selected reverse you have to set the mirror to the position you want it to dip to. When putting the car into forward gear the mirror returns to its normal position when you move off.

One thing to note is that the mirror adjuster knob needs to be set at the L/H mirror position and left in that position. If you move the adjuster knob to the heated position or close both mirror position the mirror dip will not work until the knob has been returned to the L/H mirror position.

N.B. The manual states R/H mirror position but that is for L/H drive cars only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

Aaftab Mughal

Jun 4, 2020
Slough
So long as its enabled and the mirror is in the passenger position you should be fine. Have you actually adjusted the mirror once you've done all that though?

When in reverse, adjust the passenger mirror to the position you want. Then when you put it in Drive and move off above something like 5 mph it should go back to the normal position.

I did that. Didn’t work

RavH

Jul 23, 2020
I think there's a video on YouTube on how to do this, just search folding mirror seat Leon and see if that's of any use to you as that worked for me.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
I have folding mirrors on 1.2 plain old TSI...... I did have to activate them using obdII though....

But then deactivated them as they never ever returned back to there original position... Always too low..

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
So checked the settings and mines already unticked....
a6b994a33505ca0b6c4fea35edf15523.jpg

So for now I just have to keep re-adjusting the mirror back to its original position after everytime I reverse...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members