Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
At an online event on 29th September CUPRA have officially launched the CUPRA Formentor as it started production in Martorell with 160 cars being produced daily.

CUPRA predict that the Formentor will account for over half of CUPRA sales in 2021.

Launching with the 310HP petrol engine initially it will be followed early in 2021 by the PHEV version.

CUPRA Formentor on the production line

Wayne Griffiths also disclosed that eventually the car will come with 7 engine options including a diesel. He also hinted that a more...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks. Configurator is available on website now with prices and with the vz3 edition and pan room and top view camera its going to 45k plus

Would be interesting to see price of vz edition for people who have placed deposit.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
Its funny as there is an option called extended safety for 135 but there is no explanation to what it includes.

Not impressed with this configuration tool at all. Makes me wonder what the end product would be like and whether it would have missing things like Ateca.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
I think the VZ2 comes with standard brakes, non-copper alloys and perhaps a fabric interior, the VZ3 comes with Brembos, copper alloys and leather interior.

I think VZ1 is the launch edition, which is numbered and comes with the Matte paint (as standard), and panoramic roof on top of the VZ3 spec.

All this is speculation, as nothing definitive anywhere at the moment.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
Pricing to be announced on 20th October
There is already model pricing on the Cupra website , just not what the spec and options are....

I recall one was just under the £40k threshold and the other around £43k - no mention of the Launch edition price.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
20th October is the release of price of the launch edition. I have not been able to figure out the difference between the vz2 and vz3 edition on the website. Both are identical and same options are available as extras.

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
20th October is the release of price of the launch edition. I have not been able to figure out the difference between the vz2 and vz3 edition on the website. Both are identical and same options are available as extras.
The spec listed does differentiate on the wheel colouring - the rest I am making educated guesses...

My money is on the launch edition coming in around £47500 given the apparent spec.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
It would be interesting to see the price. I reckon it would be difficult to shift this car at anything over 43k.
Around 52k you can get a much powerful rsq3 with few less goodies.

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
Not sure about those wheels on the VZ3, or some of those colours. The basic white is the only way to get a sub 40k price point too. I really liked on the Ateca where all paint options were metallic, and no additional cost. Won't be many people trading out then, I wonder how many they'll sell in the UK for £45k!