Waze/Google Maps and the Dashboard override.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi all,

I'm NOT going to ask if it's possible to have waze or Google Maps on the digital cockpit.

All i want to know if there's a way not to block the navigator map on the digital cockpit while using waze or google maps.

Everytime i start using waze it blocks the map on the digital cockpit, which i really like having. Before the last update there was a workaround while using waze that kept the map running. But not anymore.

Reactions: Tell

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi Tell,

MIB 2( model 2019)

Do you manage to have the map in the digital cockpit while running the navigator on waze/google maps? If so please tell me how. I'll show you the message i get on the cockpit

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
20201212_001840.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Hi Tell,

MIB 2( model 2019)

Do you manage to have the map in the digital cockpit while running the navigator on waze/google maps? If so please tell me how. I'll show you the message i get on the cockpit

Mib2 design you put something there other than the built in navigation view / next turn. The adjunct Waze Google systems don't populate the digital cockpit only designed to come up on the infotainment system. If you can't it will be that the preset views don't allow you to put something else there other than a map telling you it's not available. Think what you have there is the screen saying not possible choose another type of thing. Like the blank infotainment screen on the standard system when you throw the built in navigation map to the digital cockpit... have access to that. Never tried Waze Google maps in that since I know it can't be done. But that will be what its doing... error screen type of thing.

I've seen images where on an Audi or something they effectively show the app screen on the digital cockpit. Thats the issue it's not showing the app screen in there, that's in the infotainment screen.

Think you got to click through the preset designs till you find one that looks more appealing. Keep the Arona one like the Ateca non digital cockpit one so interchangeable when driving.. . dials in the main with front panel next turn in the centre.

Reactions: hamst

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Well the thing is that as soon as I start the navigation of waze or maps i get this message. I dont care if waze or maps are on the digital cockpit, i want the Seat MIB2 maps not be blank while i use waze or maps.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
This is what i get while having waze on the main display. As soon as i click navigate on waze or maps, I get the earlier message

20201212_010514.jpg

20201212_010519.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Yeah its pre cooked like that. It's regarded as an adjunct to the car rather than part of the car. The virtual cockpit display is driven by the mib2 box in the glove compartment. Two things either they would have to display all of the Android apps Waze screen in the box similar to the built in navigation screen and the second level is to show the next turn screen as well. The latter I don't reckon Waze is capable of that since it would need to be a separate stream out of the app into the infotainment system... don't reckon that's programmed whilst the former is a design decision not to throw that image to the screen.

Reactions: hamst

Tell

Staff member
Fun post 25. Ah well stick to the built in system ;).

I see one manufacture atleast has swapped to Google, saw that on a TV add. VAG is sticking with what it has into mib3. Turn by turn front information and online traffic information via connected services should be able to compete with Google maps. Obviously you don't get Waze reports although you should not be driving and typing stuff :rolleyes:. Unless the car systems are built around Google it will remain an adjunct to the car.

Last edited: