MK4 Leon eHybrid 205PS in for review

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
... anyway... the 0,7sec @Phil is not only 0,7s in the 0-100 ... you can fell them differently at any speed, also accelerating more fun and powerful from 60 km/h or 140 km /h.... and being able to have this double personality for the care I like it very much. And the Nm of the electric on his own or helping with the boost :) is really fun and satisfying.

I think this comes down to what you want the car for and the price of the car on the road. As per earlier post, you are VERY lucky with the state subsidy you have in your country. That makes a BIG difference. Here, in the UK, the list price of £31K means the SEAT Leon Hybrid is pushing into space occupied by many other decent vehicles (whether new or slightly 2nd hand). For example, having just looked at the website of my local BMW dealership, £31,995 buys you a 2020 automatic BMW 320D Hybrid M Sport model which has just covered 1,000 miles. 0-62mph in 6.8 seconds and 60 mpg. Much though I like SEAT cars (we have owned several over the years), I think most people reading this would acknowledge that the BMW would be the better car (and would probably be more fun to drive with that performance).

Personally, I think our MK4 FR 150 ticks all the boxes at a much more reasonable price point. Doubtless things will continue to improve on the electric car front and I'm sure our next car in 4-5 years time will be in that direction. Until then, I look forward to the continued evolution of the models.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I can confirm that cold start up noise levels are significantly different between the MK4 Leon PHEV and MK4 Leon 1.5eTSi haha

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Hi Jimbo. So due please explain... different how :) ? (don't compare electric vs petrol at start :))... I am waiting the other ones, really interested so I know if I need to retrofit the hood noise insulation.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi Jimbo. So due please explain... different how :) ? (don't compare electric vs petrol at start :))... I am waiting the other ones, really interested so I know if I need to retrofit the hood noise insulation.
All the sound info will be in the review when I can finish both of them off, I do 3 tests normally

Cold Start
50mph cruise
0-60mph heavy foot

I'll post the review link in this thread when it's up

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi, any news on that review ?
It's been a little mental over Christmas lol the estate review should be up first then I'm just finishing off the PHEV review. As they both have the same looks etc I'll be referencing the estate review so I don't double up on the standard stuff. Got loads of pictures etc to make a gallery with also. Bear with us

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.