where is the trip odometer

Jul 12, 2019
hi
can anyone tell me where i can see the trip odometer? i see where i can reset the trip but not the trip odometer itself

Jul 12, 2019
The odometer is hidden by the cruise control, deactivate the cruise control and that should show the odometer
hi dan
thanks. i know but this is the regular odometer. where is the trip odometer? the one i can reset?

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
If you have the digital dashboard.

It's one of the middle pages on the View with the dials

DanMn

Nov 26, 2020
Using the controls on the right of the steering wheel
  • Press view until you get the classic dash with rpm etc
  • Use the left/right menu buttons immediately next to this to select the central section of the screen
  • Use the scroll wheel to choose the screen with trip information
  • Now press the scroll wheel inwards (ok) to toggle between Since Start/Since refuel/Long term.
To reset the trip computers tap the car icon in the bottom right corner of the radio, go to interior, infotainment and the options will be there.

Jul 12, 2019

Attachments

• 2E7F68D5-BE7D-415B-889C-283760735EF8.jpeg
    2E7F68D5-BE7D-415B-889C-283760735EF8.jpeg
    597.2 KB · Views: 888
Jul 12, 2019
  • Use the left/right menu buttons immediately next to this to select the central section of the screen
  • Now press the scroll wheel inwards (ok) to toggle between Since Start/Since refuel/Long term.
To reset the trip computers tap the car icon in the bottom right corner of the radio, go to interior, infotainment and the options will be there.
thank you. it was hiding behind the press long ok to configuration option. once you leave it for a few swconds it shows the trip

Philk

Nov 19, 2020

All of which highlights that layered menus are no replacement for a simple reset button that we had on the MK3 Leon!

Reactions: Leonfr140
Jul 12, 2019
perhaps you know what that symbol means? i opened a thread about it but couldn’t get an answer
All of which highlights that layered menus are no replacement for a simple reset button that we had on the MK3 Leon!
i think it started with the digital cockpit. had mk3 with digital cockpit and it was the same... had to guess where to find it

Attachments

• 290CBC87-71C6-4FB3-A364-3C551BBB7874.jpeg
    290CBC87-71C6-4FB3-A364-3C551BBB7874.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 2EE1E60E-D916-4A18-BA52-05F102DF18B3.jpeg
    2EE1E60E-D916-4A18-BA52-05F102DF18B3.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 261

Tell

Staff member
Read as you couldn t get answer to your satisfaction. Either don't forget your phone, a new version of warning you about safelock (unless that appears elsewhere in the car) or just rubbish programming and technical authorship that catches not telling you what it is. You have to get someone in the car to bounce about and try to get out with locking combinations if its got something to do with that.

Your chief technician in the dealership should know, that's their job.

Jul 12, 2019
Read as you couldn t get answer to your satisfaction. Either don't forget your phone, a new version of warning you about safelock (unless that appears elsewhere in the car) or just rubbish programming and technical authorship that catches not telling you what it is. You have to get someone in the car to bounce about and try to get out with locking combinations if its got something to do with that.

Your chief technician in the dealership should know, that's their job.
hi tell
thank you... believe it or not the dealer doesnt know what it is (as always in israel). would you believe if i will tell you i bought this car brand new from a dealer before it got to my country and i was told the price a week before the car arrived? and how about not knowing the specs until you receive the car physically? yeah dont be surprised... thats why this forum was my hope. i dont like not to know what things are. can you please specify again what your theory is and should i check about the safelock?
thank you

Tell

Staff member
hi tell
thank you... believe it or not the dealer doesnt know what it is (as always in israel). would you believe if i will tell you i bought this car brand new from a dealer before it got to my country and i was told the price a week before the car arrived? and how about not knowing the specs until you receive the car physically? yeah dont be surprised... thats why this forum was my hope. i dont like not to know what things are. can you please specify again what your theory is and should i check about the safelock?
thank you

The first question is whether anyone with a Leon 4 is seeing any mention of safelock on their screens. The pesky one which means if you leave things as they are and do a normal lock you trap anyone in the car and cant get out. If they are seeing this warning then may be your icon hasnt got anything to do with it. If nobody is seeing a warning... that could be your warning and a toggle to it.

Use to be pet buttons you could press which was documented in the Ateca manual and never installed in the car !. Thats why I'm wondering whether its a new take on safelock overide button. You do need a second person in the car you lock in to test what the safelock stuff does. Page 104 of the manual on. You could work in your presses to that icon to see whether that has a bearing just in case this is the "button" taking a new life through the infotainment screen.

After working out how the double press works on the outside Kessy or remote button. They wave their hands locked in to set the alarm off and see whether they can get out. Then try that icon, lock them in and repeat. See whether it disables safelock.

Report back.

(That's how I tested the double press procedure for ferry crossings so your car alarm doesn't sound as the boat moves... handy if you have a pet in the car)

Jul 12, 2019
The first question is whether anyone with a Leon 4 is seeing any mention of safelock on their screens. The pesky one which means if you leave things as they are and do a normal lock you trap anyone in the car and cant get out. If they are seeing this warning then may be your icon hasnt got anything to do with it. If nobody is seeing a warning... that could be your warning and a toggle to it.

Use to be pet buttons you could press which was documented in the Ateca manual and never installed in the car !. Thats why I'm wondering whether its a new take on safelock overide button. You do need a second person in the car you lock in to test what the safelock stuff does. Page 104 of the manual on. You could work in your presses to that icon to see whether that has a bearing just in case this is the "button" taking a new life through the infotainment screen.

After working out how the double press works on the outside Kessy or remote button. They wave their hands locked in to set the alarm off and see whether they can get out. Then try that icon, lock them in and repeat. See whether it disables safelock.

Report back.

(That's how I tested the double press procedure for ferry crossings so your car alarm doesn't sound as the boat moves... handy if you have a pet in the car)
hi
i dont think it got something to do with locking. i will explain why. the screen with the icon is a mid screen which means that when the car is with ignition on you have the regular screen with all the options. when you shutting off the ignition you get this screen with the icon(middle screen) and when you open the drivers door the screen shuts down or goes to click display as a screen saver. so the middle stage between ignition off before opening the driver door that is when the sub screen appears. i dont think you can lock someone in the car if the driver is in it. if the driver opens the door this screen disappears and even if passenger is inside he will not be able to push this icon. i also noticed that this icon is resetting every time you turn ignition on... for example even if i tick it and it becomes orange and not grey by default and i open the drivers door, when i turn ignition on and off again it comes again in grey color and not ticked. i wonder if i can upload a video here it will be easier to understand.

Tell

Staff member
hi
i dont think it got something to do with locking. i will explain why. the screen with the icon is a mid screen which means that when the car is with ignition on you have the regular screen with all the options. when you shutting off the ignition you get this screen with the icon(middle screen) and when you open the drivers door the screen shuts down or goes to click display as a screen saver. so the middle stage between ignition off before opening the driver door that is when the sub screen appears. i dont think you can lock someone in the car if the driver is in it. if the driver opens the door this screen disappears and even if passenger is inside he will not be able to push this icon. i also noticed that this icon is resetting every time you turn ignition on... for example even if i tick it and it becomes orange and not grey by default and i open the drivers door, when i turn ignition on and off again it comes again in grey color and not ticked. i wonder if i can upload a video here it will be easier to understand.

Think you should still try what I said in case it carries out the function of the button they never put on the Ateca. That's to disable safelock. You should find you can lock a passenger in the car and they can't get out. Certainly the double tap on the door or double press in the Leon 4 manual is documented as the way to turn safe lock off which is one way. The icon may well be an alternative to the double click on the outside as you walk away. From what is described it sounds like it's popping up at the right time if it's not a warning to take your phone with you. The mib2 cars, quite a few of them give you the splash warning of safe lock. It's so a burglar can't leaver the door handles inside with wire or a nylon strap from the outside to pop the lock. They only open from the inside after unlocking in normal mode and the ultrasound cabin and tilt sensors remain on in normal mode to trigger the alarm. The double click on lock serves that function to allow others to stay in the car after its locked.

Jul 12, 2019
Think you should still try what I said in case it carries out the function of the button they never put on the Ateca. That's to disable safelock. You should find you can lock a passenger in the car and they can't get out. Certainly the double tap on the door or double press in the Leon 4 manual is documented as the way to turn safe lock off which is one way. The icon may well be an alternative to the double click on the outside as you walk away. From what is described it sounds like it's popping up at the right time if it's not a warning to take your phone with you. The mib2 cars, quite a few of them give you the splash warning of safe lock. It's so a burglar can't leaver the door handles inside with wire or a nylon strap from the outside to pop the lock. They only open from the inside after unlocking in normal mode and the ultrasound cabin and tilt sensors remain on in normal mode to trigger the alarm. The double click on lock serves that function to allow others to stay in the car after its locked.
ive checked it and its got nothing to do with the locking process. you can lock and unlock if someone in the car and if the icon ticked or not. once i lock the car the screen shuts down immediately and thats it. after reopening the icon is grey again as default

Tell

Staff member
ive checked it and its got nothing to do with the locking process. you can lock and unlock if someone in the car and if the icon ticked or not. once i lock the car the screen shuts down immediately and thats it. after reopening the icon is grey again as default

Reckon you should try customer services if nothing else comes to
Iight.

Jul 12, 2019
Reckon you should try customer services if nothing else comes to
Iight.
[/QUOTEanother riddle do tou know what this message means?

Attachments

• A764A1D2-FCD5-4A06-873A-0F6924F8BE75.jpeg
    A764A1D2-FCD5-4A06-873A-0F6924F8BE75.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 188

Alistair Swanson

Oct 29, 2020
The odometer is hidden by the cruise control, deactivate the cruise control and that should show the odometer
I'd been getting ready to ask the question myself until I did a factory reset in December and it became apparent what the vague hints I'd seen on posts elsewhere meant. This is a perfect explanation though and I bet lots of people over time find your answer :)

Tell

Staff member
That's a carry over from non face lifted ones and pre the virtual cockpit as well. Their screen designs of where things are shown and what gets priority over what in the real estate of the screen.

Possibly like eco tips getting in the way. They are preset to be turned off in mib2. Seems they might be preset to be on least in the hybrid. What fun.

Whilst going off on a tangent I read on some non Vag cars at the weekend that lane assist defaults on, each time you start the car up and you have to remember to switch that off. Least VAG haven't done that yet. Good for the NCAP rating apparently. Be like a pre flight check you would have you turn stop start off, lane assist off etc, tick the clip board and drive off ?.

Deleted member 123864

On anything post BW 50 2020 - i.e. the ones with proper Connect - Lane Assist seems to be much better. On my car it’s different than the one I test drove last year anyway in that it only seems to come on over 55-60km/h

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.