Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The CUPRA Formentor top-of-the-range ‘VZ5’ model is going to be unveiled on the brand’s third anniversary after having been confirmed by CUPRA boss Wayne Griffiths recently.

With decades of racing heritage engineered into the CUPRA badge, the CUPRA Formentor VZ5 will harness the power of the five-cylinder petrol engine enhancing an already-exhilaratingly ride and making it the ultimate expression of performance.

In the teaser image and video, we can see the quad exhaust shape as seen in the spy shots of it in testing. They are highlighted in copper. It looks like the lower diffuser has also been changed.

“The CUPRA Formentor represents the essence of the brand, but the addition of an even more extreme five-cylinder engine to the family – along with seven other powertrains including performance PHEV – will mark it out as a true enthusiast’s...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Billyray911

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Looks like a different diffusor and exhausts.

About the VZ5 badge. In my order details, it says "VZ model badge" (roughly it's hard to translate). Did anyone get a Formentor that has an additional badge on the back? This VZ5 badge looks like what is mentioned in my order, except obviously I would get only VZ.

Gregums

Jan 9, 2021
Looks like a different diffusor and exhausts.

About the VZ5 badge. In my order details, it says "VZ model badge" (roughly it's hard to translate). Did anyone get a Formentor that has an additional badge on the back? This VZ5 badge looks like what is mentioned in my order, except obviously I would get only VZ.
No badges on my VZ Edition, other than the C U P R A lettering across the boot. The only clue as to the model is a small engraving in each rear light lens as per attached, but no mention of engine or variant anywhere.

Attachments

• 20210110_103058.jpg
    20210110_103058.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: jcbmally

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
No badges on my VZ Edition, other than the C U P R A lettering across the boot. The only clue as to the model is a small engraving in each rear light lens as per attached, but no mention of engine or variant anywhere.
Yeah, I saw that all cars online are like that.

What threw me off is that offer/contract for the car I ordered lists "standard equipment" and among bunch of other stuff, there is a line that says: "VZ sign of equipment on the outside of the vehicle". Sign of equipment is a translation, alternative translation would be badge. Hard to see it any other way than a badge, having "Formentor" lettering is not a equipment version.

Curious if this is just a mistake by my dealer or perhaps a slightly different spec. My car was listed build week 20.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.